Institutional Research Analyst I
Reporting to Associate Director of Institutional Research the Institutional Research Analyst I assists in fulfilling Institutional Research requests and managing the flow of institutional research data. The IR Analyst provides support in complying with internal and external reporting demands, administering, and analyzing surveys and other assessment instruments. This position also assists in the analysis of institutional data and supporting the management of key data through various tools.
This is a 12-month, full-time staff position.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assists in compiling, manipulating, and maintaining institutional data
- Works with University data to develop basic reports, considering report format, design, and use of visuals when communicating with various audiences.
- Collaboratively serves as assigned on University committees
- Prepares a variety of College Guidebook and rankings profiles, such as US News Best Colleges, College Board's Annual Survey of College, Princeton Review, Petersons
- Facilitate the administration of the HERI Freshman and Senior Survey
- Work with University data to respond to various ad hoc requests
- Educate stakeholders on data definitions, sources, and uses
- Maintain integrity when working with sensitive or confidential information
- Minimally perform Registrar related tasks as needed for cross training between offices
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree required with additional preference towards degrees in business, statistics, social sciences or another relevant field
- Training and experience in data analysis
- 1-2 years of experience working with data reporting or manipulation (can be at the undergraduate level) with a basic understating of data reporting requirements
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to visualize multiple communication methods and prepare data reports for various stakeholders
- Uncompromising attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Etc.)
- Familiarity with IPEDS and other higher education external reporting needs
- Knowledge of Colleague Student Information System
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Informer5
- Understanding of IRB processes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access
Physical demands and working conditions for this position include:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs or less
- Typically standing or walking
- Occasionally bending, crouching, stooping
Why work for DelVal?
- Beautiful college campus in charming Doylestown!
- Free parking and Septa stop on-site!
- Collaborative, collegial colleagues!
- Tuition waiver for self and dependents!
- Generous paid time off policy including paid winter break!
- Various discounts including campus bookstore, Bucks County YMCA, BJ's and Costco Wholesale!
- Many other wonderful benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and flex spending and retirement plan!
Upon acceptance of offer of employment, the selected applicant will be responsible for providing the University with a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check clearance that has been completed within the last 5 years.
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.