Assistant Director of Admissions
The Virginia Military Institute, located in Lexington, Virginia, invites applications for two full-time Assistant Directors of Admissions.
Virginia Military Institute is a state-supported four-year undergraduate military college of liberal arts, engineering, and the sciences. Located in the southern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Lexington, Virginia (pop. 7,000), is also home to Washington & Lee University and offers a stimulating cultural atmosphere in a pleasant, rural setting. Staff wear uniforms, but no prior military experience is required. For more information about VMI, please visit our website at http://www.vmi.edu.
The Assistant Director of Admissions helps to coordinate a comprehensive recruitment program designed to identify candidates and enroll applicants to VMI. The incumbent will coordinate these efforts with other staff members, faculty and alumni. Other duties include recruitment travel, personal interviews, project development and application evaluation.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicate with prospective students, school administrators, guidance and/or college counselors and other vital decision makers in the college planning process in person, via phone calls, written and electronic communication, or through current technology to develop and nurture relationships to encourage enrollment and attendance at VMI.
- Develop new avenues to identify prospective cadets.
- Review applications and make admissions decisions
- Travel to recruit prospective cadets and talk with high school guidance counselors.
- Interview prospective cadets and parents on post.
- Coordinate projects as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
This is a full-time, 12-month position with a generous benefits package. The incumbents will wear a military uniform and observe military customs and courtesies. Military experience is desired but not required. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong administrative and leadership skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with individuals and groups across post and in the community.
- Ability to effectively present information to groups, and/or other Institute employees.
- Self-motivated, cooperative, and flexible.
- Master’s Degree
- Previous experience working in a financial aid office or in higher education preferred.
This is a full-time, 12-month position with a generous benefits package. The incumbent will wear a military uniform and observe military customs and courtesies. Military experience is desired but not required.
Please apply online at: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/246055
Candidates, please provide a cover letter of interest, diversity statement, resume/cv, and the contact information for three professional references, in addition to the on-line application.
On-line applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a generous benefits package.
VMI Employees must complete a COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form upon hire, per Governor Northam’s Executive Directive #18. The Human Resources Office will supply the form. Criminal Background Check required for the final candidate.