Financial Analyst II, Arizona Global
Posting Number: req7215
Department: Arizona Global
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Want to make a Global impact? Join our team of more than 100 employees representing every region of the world. Arizona Global is the driving force for the University of Arizona's international engagement and education. We are creating new opportunities, advancing cutting-edge learning modalities, and leading the field in international collaboration, research, and innovation in higher education.
The Financial Analyst II will be a member of the Arizona Global's Finance and Administration team and will play a key role in supporting the university's strategic objectives, as contained in Pillar 4 (Arizona Global) of the university's strategic plan.
The position will perform analytical reporting and assist in budget preparation to support decision making and continuous improvement of Global programs. This position will be responsible to provide financial support to International Student Services. The incumbent will be expected to communicate complex financial data effectively with various stakeholders, including units within Arizona Global, other colleges and global partners.
The successful candidate will be a team-oriented self-starter, who is able to exercise good judgement, and be comfortable trying new things in a fast-paced environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with AVP Finance and Global Operations to provide financial analysis, budgeting, accounting, reporting, and reconciliation
- Maintain detailed knowledge of UAccess Financials and UAccess Analytics to support department users as appropriate and use this knowledge to create reports and dashboards to support management decision
- Review and approve UAccess transactional documents
- Provide financial support to International Student Services
- Provide reconciliation of sponsor accounts
- Assigning sponsored student records for 3rd party billing including interpreting financial guarantee billable items and amounts, confirming any UA scholarship awards, and adjust based on units enrolled
- Generating individualized invoices, including sponsor-specific requirements
- Batch processing for ISS fees
- Provide support to ISS Sponsored Team with sponsor accounts
- Provide input on new financial models and new programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate complex financial data effectively with various stakeholders, including units within Arizona Global, other colleges and global partners
- Ability to be ateam-oriented self-starter, exercise good judgement, and be comfortable trying new things in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, MIS or related area
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in financial analysis/modeling, strategic planning, and fiscal management of a complex budget with multiple funding sources
- Experience in extracting information and data from major UA systems
- International experience and with foreign language(s)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Finance
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $43,559 - $58,926 DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Budget & Financial Analysis
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.