HVAC Refrigeration Technician II
Posting Number: req7253
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Maint Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Facilities Management at the University of Arizona is looking for an HVAC Refrigeration Technician to join our Special Operations and Services team. The HVAC Refrigeration Technician services, repairs, and maintains HVAC/R mechanical and controls systems, including but not limited to, preventative maintenance, electrical troubleshooting, and calibration and repair of direct digital control systems. This position requires a working knowledge of basic computer skills.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision
insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid
vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform complex repairs and services on HVAC/R mechanical, DDC and pneumatic control systems under direct supervision of the Lead mechanic and/or Supervisor.
- Repair work includes, but is not limited to, preventative maintenance, electrical troubleshooting, overhaul and repair of building HVAC/R systems and mechanical equipment.
- Maintain and repair critical, specialized high profile equipment, i.e. decorative fountains, clean room humidifiers and stadium sky box heating and cooling equipment.
- Maintain assigned building systems and equipment and ensure that it is operating efficiently, functioning properly as per design and meeting established operational guidelines.
- Familiarity with hand and power tools and with testing and troubleshooting equipment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and various building energy management systems and workstation software.
- Journeyman level position.Completion of a high school education or an equivalent combination of apprenticeship program, technical training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $18.70 - $22.98
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Skilled Crafts & Trades
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
520-621-0255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.