Marketing and Communications Specialist (Phoenix Area)
Posting Number: req7227
Department: Human Resources
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: Phoenix, AZ USA
Life & Work Connections is seeking an innovative professional with superb communication and marketing skills for our Marketing and Communications Specialist position.
This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to support employee health and wellness initiatives at the University of Arizona. The Marketing and Communications Specialist will be a strategic partner in expanding brand awareness and increasing program engagement. This position will report directly to the Director of Life & Work Connections.
Join our team of dedicated, passionate, supportive, and fun-loving professionals. Our unit fosters work-life integration and embraces the University of Arizona's flexible work arrangements.
NOTE: If you are interested in this position, but you are located in the Tucson area, please apply to our other position, Req7226.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
The primary communication responsibilities include:
- Developing quality content for distribution across a variety of channels and platforms
- Creating and editing communication material for University-wide communications, articles, press releases, website content, marketing materials, and presentations
- Distributing content on a variety of platforms, including email and customer relationship management software (MailChimp and Salesforce Marketing Cloud), a content management system (Drupal), an internal digital news and content vehicle (UA@Work), and more
- Develop and maintain communications processes and protocols and associated documentation for use by team and internal stakeholders
- Assist with defining and tracking communication metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
Primary marketing responsibilities include:
* Developing targeted marketing strategies to effectively deliver marketing messages that promote and showcase events, services and initiatives to various audiences through various channels including, but not limited to, digital, print, email, and direct mailing
* Analyzing and synthesizing data to evaluate the effectiveness of each marketing effort or campaign, and use data to develop actions to improve future campaign performance
Other primary responsibilities include:
* Collaborating with communication and marketing colleagues across the University
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated attention to detail with excellent organizational, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, establish priorities, and successfully manage multiple priority projects
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data and metrics to inform communication and marketing strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field and 5 years of relevant professional experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with a CMS and email campaign software
- Experience with developing marketing plans and utilizing data and metrics to improve audience engagement
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Human Resources
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $42,007- $55,000 (DOE)
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Communications & Marketing
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and Three Additional Documents
Special Instructions to ApplicantPlease include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- One writing sample
- One marketing sample
- One example of a communication or marketing decision informed by data or metrics. Your example of a data- or metric- informed decision can be an explanation that accompanies a writing or marketing sample.
It is strongly encouraged that submitted portfolios demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.