Interactive Engagement Manager
Interactive Engagement Manager, Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute
Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute seeks a dynamic and creative individual to fill our Interactive Engagement Manager position.
Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute (Munson-Williams) is an internationally prominent fine arts center serving diverse audiences through three program divisions - Museum of Art, School of Art and Design and Performing Arts. The Institute was founded in 1919 and provides some 600 events annually with more than 180,000 patrons enjoying the many exhibitions, performances, art classes and family-oriented activities.
The Museum of Art is renowned for its art collection and Phillip Johnson designed building. The School of Art and Design offers a large community arts education program in art and the nationally accredited college art program affiliated with Pratt Institute of Art and Design (PrattMWP). PrattMWP is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Middle States Association, and New York State Education Department. PrattMWP students spend the first two years of their bachelor of fine arts degree program at our campus in Utica, New York before they complete their studies at Pratt's main campus in Brooklyn. MWPAI’s Performing Arts offers a wide-ranging, year-round programming of artistically excellent and divers arts and cinema presentations. MWPAI is located in the heart of New York State, foothills of the Adirondack Mountains and centrally located with easy travel to Cooperstown, Albany, Syracuse and a few hours from Boston, NYC, Lake Placid and Montreal. Please visit us at www.mwpai.org.
The Interactive Engagement Manager is responsible for the integration of all aspects of social media and web content around institutional goals and brand using compelling messages and highly visual content designed to build Munson-Williams’ online presence.
The Interactive Engagement Manager will model the values of the organization to colleagues and the public by being welcoming, inclusive, and respectful.
Munson-Williams is committed to diversity in our workforce and believes in fostering equity, celebrating diversity, and actively promoting inclusivity, accessibility, and transparency that work against systemic racism.
- Create an exciting presence for Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute (Munson-Williams) on multiple web and social media platforms.
- Seek out both stories and visuals from around the Institute that highlight the brand, personalities, activities and services of all aspects of Munson-Williams – the Museum and its exhibitions and programs; Community Arts Education; Performing Arts events; and collaborate where possible with PrattMWP social media.
- Continuously update and energize content and add exciting visual, audio and video content to social media platforms and email blasts.
- Focus not just on the obvious news around exhibitions and major events, but also on the small or unusual stories and visuals that are ripe for social media.
- Work closely with outside vendors and Munson-Williams IT on web and social media projects.
- Assure that excellent print messages and visual assets are tailored for web and social media.
- Find ways to streamline costs where possible by moving certain publications online.
- Meet regularly with the President, division directors, dean, faculty, curators, students, and alumni to find and promote stories that accentuate the Munson-Williams brand.
- Build social media and web content around institutional and AE&E strategic goals.
- Encourage and build greater social media participation
- Monitor online activity across departments and geographical areas to ensure anyone using the Institute’s online tools is following established guidelines and best-practice rules.
- Participate on inter-divisional committees; perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or above in broadcast and/or social media or online marketing; 3 to 5 years of experience in interactive media within a marketing department, preferably in an academic or arts-oriented setting; strong writing and design skills for electronic mediums; a keen eye for art and design, especially in online arenas; photography and video skills, especially for web and social media; interviewing and reporting ability; a track record of creating exciting organizational personas on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat, You Tube, Pinterest, and other developing social media platforms
Required online and software knowledge:
- Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube, and other evolving social media
- Indesign, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Pertinent photo and video editing applications
Application and Selection process:
Applications will be reviewed as received. Send your cover letter, resume, links to examples of professional work and your website, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Interactive Engagement Manager Search, Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, 310 Genesee Street Utica, NY 13502 Inquiries: (315)797-0000 ext. 2108