Position Title Purchasing Agent
Position Type Full Time Regular
Annual Schedule 12 months
Expected Work Schedule Standard
Anticipated Days Monday - Friday
Anticipated Hours 8am – 5pm with occasional overtime
Anticipated Hours per Week 40
Work Location A-B Tech Main Campus
Job Description Summary
- Processes requisitions on a daily basis as they are received, reviewing for compliance with purchasing policies and procedures of both the College and the NC Division of Purchase and Contract.
- Compiles and refines specifications for solicitations and executes bidding processes according to local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines. Assures integrity in all aspects of the solicitation process.
- Develops and executes the strategic sourcing methodology for high-value, complex requisitions, collaborating with NC Division of Purchase and Contract or NC Department of IT and end-users as necessary.
- Serves as system administrator for NCID and NC eProcurement including set up, maintenance, user training, and troubleshooting of issues.
- Assists with developing and conducting training for faculty and staff on procurement process functions, both one-on-one and groups, and advises end users on questions regarding the submission of requisitions or sourcing commodities.
- Maintains vendor files and correspond with vendors on matters including, but not limited to: registering with NC eProcurement, obtaining W-9’s, completing credit applications, and resolving account issues.
- Prepares, submits, and maintains documentation for reports to external agencies, including but not limited to Historically Underutilized Businesses spend and purchasing flexibility.
- Provides quality customer service to faculty, staff, vendors, and external agencies.
- Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
- Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field;
- Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent experience in procurement, contract management, or related field;
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field;
- Experience using the NC eProcurement system.
- Experience using Colleague;
- Work experience in a higher education institution or other public procurement organization;
- Professional procurement certification such as CPPB;
- Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- When applicable, upload the relevant transcript that correlates to the degree requirement in the minimum requirement or preferred qualifications with in the job posting. The transcript must show the individual courses taken and the degree that is conferred or awarded.
- If selected for hire, official sealed transcripts from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education are required to be received a minimum of two business weeks before the first day of work.
- Transcripts outside of the United States, must be accompanied by an evaluation completed by a NACES recognized agency and received by Human Resources at least two weeks prior to the first day of work.
Why Should I Work at A-B Tech?
A-B Tech Welcoming Culture (R.I.S.E)
A-B Tech is looking for:
Review Date: (Application should be submitted by 8:00 a.m. EST on this date for consideration) 10/18/2021
Start Date 11/08/2021
Keep Open Until Filled Yes
Salary or Hourly Pay Range (Salary is Non-Negotiable) Salary: $47,484 - $52,068 Total Comp: $68,659 - $74,610