Associate Instructional Designer, Corporate
Job Type: Full time
Job Number: JR-008551Location: Home Office
If you're passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country-and you're committed to working hard to play your part in building that future-consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
We are looking for an Associate Instructional Designer to join our Learning & Development team at WGU! In this role, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Instructional Design and be part of a team focused on employee development, with responsibilities for the design and development of learning and training solutions for WGU employees. You will partner with other instructional designers, trainers, quality assurance coaches, and subject matter experts to apply tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods to the design and delivery of small-scale and large-scale learning solutions, as well as job specific curricula and learning paths for employees in a variety of roles. You will also use data to evaluate the effectiveness of learning solutions, revise curricula for accuracy and alignment to quality standards, and update knowledge base articles and job aids as needed. If you are collaborative, an excellent communicator, detail-oriented, and possess strong time management skills, we want to talk with you!
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively within the department and cross-functionally to analyze needs, design, develop and deliver learning solutions
- Analyze learning needs and work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to define desired outcomes
- Work collaboratively within the department and cross-functionally to define skills and competencies, develop and deliver job specific curricula.
- Design and develop instructional materials such as eLearning courseware, assessments, job aids, training sessions, and simulations
- Develop learning solutions that meet standards of quality on time
- Conducts reviews to ensure learning solutions meet standards of quality
- Analyze and interpret data to determine the effectiveness of learning solutions and implements revisions
- Revise curricula, learning paths, and instructional materials as needed to ensure accuracy and quality
- Work on other related activities and projects as assigned
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, educational technology, or comparable degree
- 1+ year of instructional design or training development
- Ability to demonstrate required skills via review of a portfolio and work sample
- Understanding of instructional design theories and methods, adult learning theories, eLearning design principles
- Broad theoretical job knowledge through advanced education
- Advanced writing, technical writing, and editing skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively within a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Advanced skills in critical thinking, analysis, research, and synthesis of information
- Advanced planning, organizing, and time-management skills including project planning and effectively working on multiple tasks while meeting deadlines and quality standards
- Ability to seek and apply constructive feedback
Bonus points for:
- Master's degree in instructional design, educational technology, or comparable degree
- Experience in higher education or corporate learning
Why Join WGU?
- You will be part of a diverse, inclusive workforce, committed to creating pathways to a better life for our students by expanding access to education
- We provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- We offer generous retirement and health-saving-account company contributions
- We offer paid time off, and depending on role, options for flexible and remote work
- We offer heavily discounted WGU tuition for you and your family
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance with the hiring process may be entitled to reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law. If you need assistance in completing an application or participating in an interview because of a disability, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
We commit to creating an inclusive environment where all can thrive, regardless of race, age, gender orientation, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.