Senior Advisor to the President on Strategy and Innovation
Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites applications for a full-time Senior Advisor to the President on Strategy and Innovation. This individual, who will be a part of the MSOE leadership team, will work closely with the MSOE President and play a leading role in the development and implementation of new strategic initiatives to help the university achieve its vision. As such, the individual will be expected to form effective working relationships with other leaders on campus, as well as key external partners.
MSOE is at a time of unprecedented opportunity. Over the past five years, the University has made substantial investments in improving campus facilities and the fall 2021 entering class is the largest in history. A major focus of the recently updated strategic plan, Extraordinary Together, calls for MSOE to expand its impact, such as through expanded online degree offerings in key areas as well as non-degree programs designed to support the working professional. The Senior Advisor to the President on Strategy and Innovation will not only lead the implementation of that plan, but also ensure that, during this time of significant change in higher education, the University maintains a constant focus on innovation and strategic thinking for the future.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with MSOE President and members of leadership team to oversee implementation of MSOE’s strategic plan.
- Keep abreast of national and global trends in fields that are relevant to MSOE.
- Key abreast of current and future trends in higher education.
- Work with President and members of the MSOE leadership team to develop strategies for implementing innovative educational methods and programs.
- Partner with the President in engaging MSOE Regents and key corporate partners in discussions around strategic initiatives and long-term strategies.
- Work with the MSOE Director of Corporate Relations to understand the future educational needs of our key corporate partners.
- Provide guidance to MSOE leadership team and other university leaders on strategic planning development and implementation.
- Work with the MSOE President and members of leadership team to identify opportunities for improving operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Keep abreast of relevant local, state and federal programmatic and funding opportunities that could benefit MSOE.
- Identify and assist in the development of strategic partnership opportunities with other academic institutions.
- Serve as the MSOE President’s liaison on specific external initiatives relevant to MSOE.
- Work with the MSOE President and members of the leadership team to help drive MSOE towards its vision.
- Minimum of a Master’s level degree
- Significant experience in a variety of duties at an institution of higher education
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents
- Demonstrated ability to take a lead role in the implementation of key initiatives
- Ability to think strategically
- Understanding and appreciation of the evolving landscape and role of higher education
- Ability to innovate and think creatively
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills required. This position requires extensive communication with key stakeholders and professionals and, therefore, excellent presentation skills required.
- Excellent qualitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is largely sedentary, the ability to move is required. The employee is occasionally required to traverse within their work area as well as other areas on campus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.