Assistant Professor, Video Production
Search Number: PJ # 6901
Salary: $50,000 minimum, plus excellent benefits.
The School of Arts & Sciences provides excellence in learning opportunities for all students at SUNY Plattsburgh through a core liberal arts education. We develop students who can think critically, have mastered their discipline, can communicate effectively and are broadly educated. Our Communication Studies Department offers five majors balancing theory and practice. The teaching focus of this tenure-track position will be courses in basic to advanced video production and digital video editing. Digital film, documentary, or digital media production may also be included in the teaching load if the successful candidate is able. Duties include advising students, scholarship, and service to the department and university. As an institution that delivers challenging and high-quality educational experiences to a diverse group of learners, the successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to diversity, inclusion, and equity-minded policies, programs and practices. The successful candidate may be asked to teach courses in a distance learning format.
- Master's degree in TV-Video production or related field
- Two years teaching experience in TV-Video production
- Demonstrated proficiency in teaching courses in basic to advanced video production and digital video editing
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with faculty, staff and administrators
- Teaching experience in digital film, documentary, and/or digital media production
- Record of scholarship and/or significant industry experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please include a cover letter of interest, resume/CV, a one-page statement regarding equity and inclusion, and contact information for three professional references. Additional information may be requested at a later step in the process. Official transcripts from an accredited institution will be required prior to employment.