As a member of the University Libraries' strategic communications team, the Multimedia Producer creates assets for communications and marketing materials including video, photography, and multimedia presentations. The position provides technical expertise for telling stories using video and still photography.
The Multimedia Producer provides leadership and expertise in designing and planning for future development and enhancement of the University Libraries' promotional and news video library, photo library, and digital signage.
The Multimedia Producer supports the most effective use of the University Libraries' video channels to enhance video collaboration between central University Relations and the University Libraries.
Required Qualifications* Bachelor's degree in communications, art, photojournalism or a related field with comparable professional experience.
* Experience in all aspects of the video recording, editing, and post production process to create a finished product.
* Proficient in handling video, audio and photography equipment as well as editing software such as Final Cut Pro X, Premiere, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
* Knowledge of current video and photography trends.
* Ability to organize and manage multiple projects each with unique timelines.
* Must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills as well as exceptionally strong communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications* Experience in creating motion graphics or animation.
* Skill and understanding of graphic design and graphic design principles.
* Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
A/P Faculty Lecturer, regular full-time appointment
$55,000 minimum dependent on qualifications and experience
November 3, 2021
- Must be able to lift and move equipment weighing 25 pounds or more as needed for the handling of video and audio equipment
- Requires valid driver's license in good standing
- Must be willing to travel as needed to the University Libraries branches for support, these include branch libraries in Blacksburg, the National Capital Region, and the Health Science and Technology Innovation District in Roanoke. Travel to these areas will be on a limited basis
- The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation ofCOVID-19 vaccinationor receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate's experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, and the required and preferred qualifications, and names of three (3) references and their contact information. Also, include a portfolio of work as either an attached document or include a link in the cover letter.
The members of the University Libraries at Virginia Tech strive individually and collectively to create, sustain, and share inclusive ways of knowing in conscientious community with each other and all the people we serve in every space we shape. In keeping with our Aspirational Identity and the Virginia Tech Principles of Community, the University Libraries commits to build and maintain enduring climates of mutual care, respect, and responsibility.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Cathy Pillow at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.