Manager of Sponsored Projects Reconciliation and Reporting - The Shared Services Center
The Shared Services Center at West Virginia University is seeking applications for a Sponsored Projects Reconciliation and ReportingManager.The Sponsored Projects Reconciliation and Reporting Manager supervises the Sponsored Projects Reconciliation and Reporting team within the Sponsored Projects Management unit of the WVU Shared Services Center (SSC). This team provides transaction approval, funding reconciliation and distribution of financial reports. Provides mentoring, day to day guidance and performance management for team members. Maintains appropriate staffing levels and ensures all service and quality levels are achieved. Provides deep functional expertise in the areas of research administration as it relates to federal state, agency award specific and university regulations, policies and procedures.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Trainteam to have a full understanding of award requirements and to communicate them appropriately as part of the reconciliation and reporting process.
- Guideteam members in review, approval and auditing of expenses charged to sponsored projects.
- Ensurecomplex reconciliation problems are resolved and tracked using the case management system.
- Assistsupervisor with strategic planning, development of procedures and/or internal controls, and training materials.
- Interface with customers to understand expectations and follow-up to ensure satisfactory resolution of request. Maintain customer relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or related field. Equivalent work experience in combination with education is acceptable.
- Five (5) years of direct experience in administration and management.
- Experience with Research Administration including working with sponsored awards.
- Project team leadership and/or supervisory experience.
- Experience with computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
- Experience researching and collecting data to form effective, clear, and concise reports/recommendations
- Experience in planning and implementing new policies and strategies, preferred
- Experience using Kuali Coeus and MAP/Oracle database, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe applications.
- Incumbent must possess the ability to work independently and carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to analyze data, solve problems and provide useful reporting tools.
- Ability to prepare, manage and maintain budgets and financial reports and provide reconciliation reports among clustered accounts.
- Ability to learn and implement WVU, State, and Federal policies and procedures relative to budgetary and grant related matters.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting Uniform Guidance and other federal regulations.
- Must be skilled in working with grants and contracts in a higher educational environment.
- Incumbent must have excellent organizational skills and be able to work with a variety of constituencies and address complex issues in an accurate and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through prior project team leadership and/or supervisory experience.
- Ability to inspire teamwork and collaboration across functional areas of the sponsored projects management areas.
- Skills in, or knowledge of, professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting extramurally sponsored projects.
- Ability to perform financial calculations, prepare/maintain financial reports, analysis, and summaries for a large customer base.
- Ability to identify and address areas of continuous improvement.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes