Journey-level Plumber (Pipe/Mech Trades II)
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Pipe/Mech Trades II
Posting Number: 202100333P
Position Type: State Classified
Close Date: 10/18/2021
$4,363 - $4,799 monthly + FULL BENEFIT OFFERINGS
Colorado State University (CSU) and the State of Colorado are committed to providing employees with a strong and competitive benefits package that supports you, your health, and your family. Visit CSU's Human Resources website for detailed benefit plan information for permanent full-time and part-time classified employees in the following University benefit areas: https://hr.colostate.edu/hr-community-and-supervisors/benefits/benefits-eligibility/ and https://hr.colostate.edu/prospective-employees/our-perks/.
Full/Part Time: Full-time
State Classified Hourly
Description of Work Unit
ABOUT FACILITIES MANAGEMENT AT COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
The Facilities Management Department is committed to quality competitive service. Our mission is to anticipate and provide the physical environment, which enables Colorado State University to achieve its objectives in instruction, research, and public service.
WHY WORK FOR THE STATE OF COLORADO AT CSU?
WHAT WE CAN GIVE YOU
An energetic place to work with commitment to the Colorado State University (CSU) Campus and Community! You will work in an environment that provides: collaboration, motivated team members, opportunity for growth, amazing opportunities to grow your talents, service excellence, and great benefits!
The State of Colorado offers permanent employees at CSU a variety of benefits that include access to Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Colorado PERA (Retirement Plan), Voluntary Retirement Plans, ability to accrue Annual Leave and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Discount Programs, Academic Programs and more! For more detailed information about benefits visit the following link: www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/benefits.
WHAT YOU CAN GIVE US
Your expertise, positive energy, commitment to excellence, drive to succeed, and love of being part of a team with a passion for excellence and service.
Provide the required plumbing and piping techniques mandated by specific codes to be carried out by a licensed plumber under Uniform Plumbing Codes, International Plumbing Code, Uniform Building Codes, and O.S.H.A. Standards. Install plumbing and piping systems for new construction and remodel projects. Provide maintenance on plumbing equipment and systems. Work requires a licensed plumber.
- Possession of a current Journey level or higher Plumber's license and three years of plumbing experience.
The highly desired candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, personal characteristics, and experience directly related and critical to this position:
- Three+ years of new construction & remodel experience in commercial and/or industrial environments.
- Ability to maintain attention to detail.
- The willingness and ability to learn and adjust to new processes and regulations in support of University building requirements.
- Eagerness to train and mentor apprentice-level staff.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Flexibility and the ability to adjust to changing work demands, priorities, and routines.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Installation of all potable water systems, sewage and drain systems, natural gas piping and associated components or fixtures for renovation projects.
Job Duty Category: Estimating and Project Planning
- Read blueprints and calculates materials needed.
- Order and obtain proper supplies.
- Estimate new construction and remodel, material/labor for bidding purposes.
- Consult with other units for estimating conflicts.
- Develop estimates from written and verbal instructions.
- Work with PM to arrive at project budget.
Job Duty Category: Miscellaneous
- Other related duties as assigned or requested in order to meet the needs, goals, and objectives of the department.
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
- Clearly document job duties you have performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the Work Experience section on the application. Human Resources must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that Human Resources can calculate full-time work experience. Please note: Part-time experience will be calculated to determine the full-time equivalent.
- The Work Experience is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
- If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the Application will be removed from consideration for the position.
- An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
- Positions requiring a degree or if using education as a substitution for work experience (e.g.: Associate or Bachelor's) transcripts are required in order to verify receipt of the required degree or coursework. If official or unofficial transcripts are not supplied at the time of application, the Application is incomplete.
- When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening.
- Please see the Required Documents section of the posting.
- Appointment to the vacancy or vacancies represented by this announcement is expected to be from the eligible list created. However, at the discretion of the appointing authority, the position(s) may be filled by another method of appointment for a valid articulated business reason.
- The selection process for State Classified positions may include an exam(s) and interview(s) which require candidates to physically appear (at the CSU campus in Fort Collins, CO) at the candidates' own expense.
- All status updates for this position will be sent via email from email@example.com, OR the Employment Consultant facilitating the search process. In addition to your Inbox, remember to check the Deleted and Junk folders for these important communications.
- Pertinent updates to your Application status can be obtained by logging into your application account at https://jobs.colostate.edu
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
Colorado State University is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources - Employment Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Please check the Help link online at https://jobs.colostate.edu/help/ for assistance on your application or for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- All other inquiries should be directed to the Colorado State University Human Resources Office (970) 491- MyHR(6947).
Pre-employment Criminal Background Check (required for new hires), Valid Driver's License, Shift Work - may be required to work non-traditional hours, i.e., swing shift. niaht shift, , On-call Status - be able to respond to after-hour calls (within 45 minute time frame) from the Department's answering, shop and lor dispatch areas.
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director's Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.