Administrative Support Assistant II, Doctoring Program (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
Posting Number: req7258
Department: COM Phoenix Academic Affairs
Location: Greater Phoenix Area
Address: 435 E. 5th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 USA
The Center for Clinical Skills & Assessment seeks a team-oriented professional to join our department and assist with aspects of the educational activities we provide to medical students and allied health professionals utilizing standardized patients. The Administrative Support Assistant II will be responsible for the preparation of materials for educational activities and the set-up and reset of classrooms, exam rooms and debrief rooms. This position will be the face of the unit and the first individual to greet students, faculty and staff, as well as, assisting them in troubleshooting problems or questions that arise.
This position will report to the Manager of the Center for Clinical Skills and Assessment and will work closely with the scheduler, training staff and faculty as needed. Hours for this position will require some flexibility such as arriving early or staying late to support activities.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University's priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here: https://talent.arizona.edu/.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set-up classrooms, exam rooms and debrief rooms for activities.
- Restocks and replenishes exam rooms and back office storage rooms with linens, teaching materials, and disposable medical supplies.
- Responsible for the shipping, receiving and organization office supplies on arrival from vendors.
- Monitor and approve calendaring requests made through ASTRA for Clinical Skills area.
- Liaises with other departmental units to coordinate clinical teaching events.
- Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential student academic materials.
- Foster a professional, collegial, supportive environment for standardized patients, staff and students.
- Schedules meetings for course leadership and faculty instructors, and student meetings with course director.
- Maintains office and/or laboratory supplies. Orders accordingly for inventory needs.
- Clean and maintain medical and non-medical equipment used by program.
- Assist the Clinical Skills administrative and training staff as directed.
- Works closely with IT and Instructional Support to triage and manage information technology issues in the clinical suites.
- There may be additional duties assigned as it relates to this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Prior work history in a clinical/academic office setting.
- Familiarity with medical equipment and function.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.91 - 17.66 per hour, Depending on Experience
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.