Banquet Server (Culinary and Food Services Attendant I) (Student Unions)
Posting Number: req7178
Department: Student Food Service
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Arizona Student Unions is looking to hire three Banquet Servers (Culinary and Food Services Attendants I) to join our Catering team. This position performs various duties necessary in the preparation and services of food in the Catered functions.
This position will entail the individual to work occasional weekends and nights.
The Student Union Memorial Center is one of the largest student unions in the United States. At a size of 405,000 square feet, SUMC contains everything students need.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets up banquet rooms and events as instructed and assists with the set-up, service and clean-up of all assigned banquet functions; sometimes multiple events in a day
- Serves the food and/or beverage listed on the Banquet Event Order to the standards of the department and expectations of the client, in a manner that ensures consistency in all banquet/catered functions
- Ensures proper presentation and service of food and beverages
- Works to ensure overall guest satisfaction
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to effectively communicate with department managers, team members, and guests
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service ware
- Knowledge of food service/banquet operations
- Ability to remember, recite, and promote the variety of menu items
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations, and etiquette
- Skills in oral and written communication
- Ability to frequently reach, bend, lift, push,
pull and/or carry while performing normal job functions
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required
- Must possess a valid driver's license and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy, to transport equipment, supplies and food to Catered functions throughout the campus
- Must be able to occasionally transport/move a minimum of 40 pounds
- Experience in similar position within an upscale environment
- At least two years of experience in banquet operations
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $12.50 - $14.50
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Culinary & Food Services
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.