Posting Number: req6881
Department: Law Administration
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe James E. Rogers College of Law seeks a Business Manager to join the Finance and Administration office. The incumbent will be responsible for managing human resources requests for the College of Law, ensuring the college's compliance with HR and payroll policies. They will also serve as back up for the Business Manager, Sr. and assist with the management of finance related activities. This position will report to the Business Manager, Sr.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Manages the daily operations of human
resources operations in the college:
- Manages HR transactions such as new hires, job changes, terminations, position distributions, title changes, etc.
- Manages employee payments via supplemental compensation or other professional services
- Manages the coordination of student, staff, and faculty onboarding
- Resolves discrepancies or procedural problems related to onboarding of new employees and students
- Manages Designated Campus Colleague (DCC) requests, changes, and rollover
- Manages implementation of institutional human resource policies, rules, procedures, and programs
- Offers advice to and answers questions from the college's staff and faculty
- Proactively aids in recruiting and staffing
- Ensures that the recruitment process complies with university guidelines and policies by providing education to hiring authorities and search committees
- Creates and manages postings in Talent
- Generates and manages offer letters following university guidelines
- Coordinates remote employment requests
- Produce HR and Finance reporting using Analytics
- May manage financial transactions such as GEC's, DV's, Transfer of Funds, creating subaccounts, ordering supplies, etc.
- May reconcile accounts and/or pcards
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures associated with academic support programs
- Knowledge of Human Resources and FSO policies and guidelines
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to manage projects in a timely manner with attention to detail and a high degree of openness to new approaches and new ideas
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Skill in providing quality customer service
- Skill in Microsoft Office products, i.e. Excel and Word
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with UAccess (PeopleSoft) Employee, UAccess Financials and UAccess Analytics
- Experience with Talent (Cornerstone)
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Business Manager, Sr.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.