Limited Term Adjunct Instructor, Cyber Operations (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req7125
Department: College of Applied Sci & Tech
Location: Sierra Vista
Address: Sierra Vista, AZ USA
The University of Arizona's College of Applied Science & Technology (CAST) is a National Security Agency (NSA) designated Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations (CAE-CO) and an Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) designated Intelligence Community Center of Academic Excellence (IC-CAE). CAST is seeking up to 7 Limited Term Adjunct Instructors who will teach undergraduate courses within our Cyber Operations program. The candidate will teach courses in one or more of the following areas: Cyber Threat Intelligence, Digital Forensics, Penetration Testing, Information Warfare, Signals Intelligence & Electronic Warfare, and/or Cyber Defense. CAST is seeking candidates who can demonstrate outstanding teaching and course development consistent with the college's purpose, vision, and values and who enjoy working with a diverse, non-traditional student population. This position will contribute to building a strong team of culturally diverse faculty and staff who are committed to preparing traditional, post-traditional, and transfer students for success in a 21st-century workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Limited Term Adjunct Instructors are required to attend meetings and submit materials as requested throughout the term of appointment.
- Develop/prepare course syllabi, assignments, and activities for course delivery.
- Prepare and deliver course lectures/workshops.
- Critique and grade student assignments and examinations.
- Maintain regular in-person or virtual office hours and/or be available to students by appointment.
- Willingness to teach in an Offensive/Defensive Cyber Operations program that supports both civilian and U.S. government learning objectives.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Master's degree in Cyber Operations, Cybersecurity, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Intelligence Studies, or a closely related field.
- Experience in Cyber Defense.
- Experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence.
- Experience in Digital Forensics.
- Experience in Penetration Testing.
- Experience in Information Warfare.
- Experience in Signals Intelligence & Electronic Warfare.
- Ph.D./D.Sc. in Cyber Operations, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field.
- Demonstrated prior online teaching experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 8-12
Job FTE: 0.20-0.30
Work Calendar: Academic
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: Per Course
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 7
Expected End Date: 5/22/2022
Contact Information for Candidates
Jason Denno - Interim Department Head of Cyber and Intelligence Operations.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.