Police Aide I
Posting Number: req7107
Department: University Police Department
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The UA seeks experienced and entry level applicants. Those interested must be intelligent, exhibit sound judgment and be healthy both physically and emotionally. We seek to reflect the rich diversity of the community in the quality people we employ.
Police Aides maintain security and safety of people and property on the university campus by patrolling in marked department vehicles and enforcing university rules and regulations.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Patrols campus in marked department vehicles. May also patrol campus on foot or bicycle
- Patrols campus area checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons, safety/fire hazards and reports circumstances to campus police unit for correction or follow up
- Responds to emergency calls for service such as minor traffic accidents, medical injuries and emergencies, minor theft reports, fires and criminal damage
- Completes police reports on minor incidents that do not involve felony investigations, including stolen property, found property, lost property, and criminal damage
- Directs traffic at special events and accident scenes
- Provide assistance to motorist and public during extraordinary events
- Locks and unlocks campus buildings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in observing situations and decision making
- Skill in dealing courteously with the public
- Ability to effectively communicate
- High School Diplomaor equivalent learning attained through experience may be required (GED)
- Possession of a current Arizona Type D driver's license and ability to drive according to the University
Fleet Safety Policy
- Successfully pass an in depth background investigation to include passing a polygraph examination
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Protection and Safety
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $15.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Police & Security
Protection & Safety
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: No Documents
Special Instructions to Applicant
Once your application is received, instructions for accessing and completing the background will be emailed to you. It is strongly encouraged to complete and submit the UAPD background, along with the required electronic documents as soon as possible.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.