Associate Director of Clinical Training
The Office of Clinical Training and Field Placement at Saybrook University seeks to hire an Associate Director of Clinical Training. This is a remote, full-time (1.0 FTE) position. The Office of Clinical Training and Field Placement supports and advises Clinical Psychology and Counseling students on issues related to professional licensure and practicum/internship placement as well as students in other programs on their field placement as needed.
The Associate Director of Clinical Training will work primarily with the students in the Clinical Psychology PhD Program, but may be involved in providing occasional, time-limited coverage for other programs. Clinical Psychology faculty are scholar-practitioners and leaders in their fields and professional associations. Our pedagogy includes a rich diverse curriculum with a focus on critical and creative thinking grounded in humanistic principles. It combines best practices in hybrid online and residential education. Saybrook students are mature and proficient in the use of advances in technology applied in higher education. We prepare scholar-practitioners to engage the world in the 21st century.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-placement student mentoring and advising
- Site review, approval, and monitoring
- Contributing to and maintaining a network of practicum and internship sites
- Maintaining field placement files and documents
- Teaching practicum and internship courses as assigned
- Licensure requirements review with students
- Student clinical performance review, including contribution to remediation plans as needed
- Track data and prepare reports related to practicum and internship placements
- Collaborate with Clinical Psychology Program Chair and Faculty, and participate in department-level planning
- Attend Program Faculty Meetings and other University meetings as scheduled
- Attend Residential Conferences and in-person events as scheduled
Additional opportunities in teaching or dissertation mentoring may be possible.
- Doctoral-level licensed psychologist, 3+ years post licensure
- Prior experience with clinical supervision and training of graduate level clinical psychology students
- Prior teaching experience at the graduate/doctoral level
- Experience with Office 365 and other education-related software
- Experience in online, distance, distributed, or hybrid models highly desirable
- Must be able to travel and remain onsite for in-person events at various locations and for various durations multiple times a year.
- Critical and creative thinker
- Thinks strategically, works both independently and collaboratively
- Affectively honest and open, with a high level of personal integrity
- Professional maturity and professional association affiliations
- Communicates effectively
- Consults with colleagues at all levels
- Well organized and able to meet complex workload demands
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and multiculturalism in education, clinical work, and employment
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, Saybrook University has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment beginning January 31, 2022.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century in progressive Western psychology and continues to inspire a new generation of innovative scholars and professional practitioners. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University's academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a diverse, inclusive community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events. Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.