Senior Associate Dean or Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Rocky Vista University in Ivins, UT has an opening for a
Senior Associate Dean or Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, College of Osteopathic Medicine Southern Utah Campus
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
The salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
RVU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Primary responsibility for the COM's core educational programs, in collaboration with the Dean and Associate Dean of Clinical Education.
- Advance the evidence-based implementation of curricular design and delivery methods, and updating curricular content.
- Directly supervise the Chairs of COM Academic departments, and an administrative assistant.
- Build a culture that respects, values and promotes diversity by recruiting, hiring and retaining diverse talent within an atmosphere of access, equity and inclusion.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration between the Utah and Colorado campuses.
- Provide leadership for faculty on both the Utah and Colorado campuses.
- Provide leadership to the Chairs of the academic departments, including regular meetings and leadership development.
- Work collaboratively with the Associate Dean of Clinical Education to develop and maintain a seamless, integrated educational experience OMS1-4.
- Conduct regular evaluation of COM curricula in conjunction with the COM Dean and Associate Dean of Clinical Education.
- Manage the budget for the Preclinical department.
- Work with the Dean and other COM and University leaders to ensure that the COM meets accreditation standards and requirements set by various accrediting bodies, regional or specialized; ensures compliance with local, state and federal
- Maintain the University's commitments to academic freedom, diversity, equity, and inclusion, integrity, ethics, as well as its commitment to excellence and integration of osteopathic philosophy and principles in all of the COM's teaching, research, and service
- Provide leadership for the faculty in COM program assessment, including faculty development in course, curriculum, and assessment mapping.
- Teaching and clinical responsibilities as necessary and/or as indicated.