Part-Time Faculty Positions in Inclusive Education
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 234674
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Bagwell College of Education (BCOE) is one of the largest and strongest teacher preparation units in the University System of Georgia offering bachelor's, master's, educational specialist, and doctor of education degree programs. All educator preparation programs are accredited by the NCATE and approved by Georgia's Professional Standards Commission (PSC). KSU's Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) is the university's umbrella organization for preparing educators and includes 13 departments from five colleges all of which collaborate on the design, delivery, approval, and accreditation of all educator preparation programs. The'EPP'serves as a model of university-wide responsibility for teacher education; field-based collaboration with practicing professionals and partner schools; infusion of technology for enhanced teaching and learning; and best practices for the inclusion of English learners and students with exceptionalities.
The Inclusive Education Department is comprised of a group of educational professionals united in our mission to support and honor diverse learners and families, including English learners and students with exceptionalities. We accomplish this by:
- Developing teachers who can effectively teach children who are diverse linguistically, culturally, and in their abilities.'
- Collaborating with other departments to expand their candidates' abilities to offer effective instruction to all children.
- Sharing expertise, individually and collectively, in effective inclusion of'ALL students. Advocating the development of inclusive practices across all levels -'BCOE, schools, Georgia, US and internationally.
- Establishing global/local connections and relationships around issues of inclusion, language development, social justice, and diversity.
- Advocating for children and families.
- Utilizing an asset-based, critical pedagogical framework that emphasizes inclusive practices.
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for part-time special education faculty positions in the Department of Inclusive Education beginning January 1, 2022.
Duties include teaching courses in the Inclusive Education Department (the specific courses will be determined by the faculty members degree, educational experience, and departmental needs), advising current and prospective students, and supporting faculty members teaching in program area courses.
- Student teaching/clinical supervision
- Working with a diverse community
- Master's degree or higher in an education related field
- A minimum of 18 graduate-level hours in special education or a closely related field
- Experience teaching with diverse populations in PK-12 schools
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with colleagues in an interdisciplinary environment
- Experience in fostering partnerships with schools, communities, vendors, and educational organizations
- Specialist degree or higher in education (emphasis in Special Education)
- At least three years of teaching in culturally diverse PK-12 settings
- Teaching and collaborating at the university level
- Experience with online instruction
- Willingness to teach in face-to-face environments
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact Dr. David G. Buckman, email@example.com, 470-578-7853.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234674&PostingSeq=1