Graduate Advisor & Student Services Coordinator
The Graduate Advisor and Student Services Coordinator is responsible for key academic and student support functions and processes for current students in the School of Graduate and Professional Studies. This position will work collaboratively with the graduate program directors to coordinate academic advising and support services and ensure timely and accurate response to student needs.
This is a 12-month, full-time staff position.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- First point of contact for newly admitted students to discuss program specific academic and administrative services provided by the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
- Create individual student academic advising plans and continually track student progress in the program; continually ensuring the student has registered for the appropriate courses and that schedules are up to date
- Create and follow up on student probation process, including individual meetings with students on probation and provide structured follow up
- Liaise with the appropriate undergraduate academic advisors to inform seamless transition for students enrolled in a 4+1 degree pathway
- Develop advising materials that include sample course plans, Q&A documents on how to add/drop/withdraw from courses and additional student service resources
- Engage with alumni and other stakeholders to create relevant events/workshops that meet the professional development needs of the students by program
- Engage with partner offices (registrar/veterans affairs/student life/financial aid/bursar/career services) to ensure proper referrals and processes for student needs
- Work with institutional units to devise new processes, policies, and programs in the support and service of graduate students
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor's required, Masters strongly preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in higher education, preferably with a focus on student engagement and advising
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to cultural differences and success in building partnerships through shared student success initiatives across departments/units
- Solution oriented and creative: ability to work independently, innovate and take initiative
- Working knowledge of university student information systems including Colleague, Slate, Teams, Blackboard etc.
Physical demands and working conditions for this position include:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must hold valid driver's license
- May have an alternative work schedule
- Occasional travel
Why work for DelVal?
- Beautiful college campus in charming Doylestown!
- Free parking and Septa stop on-site!
- Collaborative, collegial colleagues!
- Tuition waiver for self and dependents!
- Generous paid time off policy including paid winter break!
- Various discounts including campus bookstore, Bucks County YMCA, BJ's and Costco Wholesale!
- Many other wonderful benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and flex spending and retirement plan!
Upon acceptance of offer of employment, the selected applicant will be responsible for providing the University with a Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check clearance that has been completed within the last 5 years.
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.