Kennesaw State University
Residence Life and Housing
Job ID: 234062
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for the management and promotion of on-campus housing with a special emphasis on room assignments, resident retention efforts, and providing outstanding customer service. Responsible for helping maintain a database of records, process execution and other various large-scale projects throughout the year.
1. Utilizes the university housing system (i.e., StarRez) software suite to manage and maximize student occupancy for on-campus housing
2. Assists with the development, testing, and management of the room assignment process from application to assignment to check-in and check-out
3. Assist in the development and execution of the annual room selection process utilizing the StarRez PortalX Application Portal
4. Responsible for training of all staff members in assigned area on the use of the StarRez software suite
5. Supervises all activities of student assistant staff members hired to work at the support desk for the assigned area, to include recruitment, selection, and training of student staff
6. Manages the housing waitlist process for every classification of student each semester, monitors each individual step from initial offer to final status for waitlisted students
7. Responsible for manually billing housing fees for all housing beds
8. Coordinates reconciliation process with University Bursar
9. Calculates and manually bills pro-rated housing and cancellation fees for all housing beds
10. Responsible for verifying student eligibility for on-campus housing. If students are ineligible, communicate cancellation and move-out process
11. Completes monthly reconciliation between the SALTO Access System and StarRez
12. Ensures security of our physical buildings by maintaining accurate records
13. Serves as a contact for student, family, and staff questions regarding housing assignments and billing, communication sources include answering phone calls, working with walk-in traffic and responding to e-mail messages
14. Attends campus events such as Preview Days & Orientations to market University housing to current on-campus residents and incoming students who may desire to live on campus
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Two (2) years of experience in customer service and/or related work experience
Previous experience in higher education
Experience in Residential Housing
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Working knowledge of StarRez software package or any housing software preferred
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (written, verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite, residential housing software)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234062&PostingSeq=1