Executive Assistant to VP for Finance & Administration
Are you a detail-oriented, resourceful person with a solution-oriented mindset? Do you enjoy removing obstacles to increase productivity and staying steps ahead of others by anticipating needs? If so, we encourage you to apply to be the Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA).
As the Executive Assistant to the VPFA, you will engage in a wide variety of confidential and strategic work. From developing presentations, to compiling reports and communicating with legal counsel, banks, brokerage houses, insurers, and university trustees, to managing the VPFA’s workflow, you will provide essential support to the VPFA.
In this position, you’ll draft correspondence for and arrange meetings with the Trustees of Ohio Wesleyan University who serve on the audit, facilities, and investment subcommittees and the finance committee. The Executive Assistant is the primary point of contact for University insurance and will liaise with external legal counsel in support of contracts and other legal documents.
As the Executive Assistant to the VPFA, you’ll need to be a great listener and communicator, so that you can understand and act on the VPFA’s priorities, manage the VPFA’s schedule to support those priorities, and assist in keeping the VPFA focused on the most important projects. You’ll maintain high standards of professionalism, pay attention to details, work with efficiency and flexibility, exhibit excellent communication skills, and excel at looking ahead to see what needs to be done and making decisions to guarantee success. The Executive Assistant to the VPFA will possess impeccable integrity and operate with discretion. As priorities evolve over time, you’ll exercise initiative to expand and develop the role.
This is a full-time position eligible for university benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage, OWU tuition waivers for the employee and dependents (and eligibility for tuition exchange programs with other colleges and universities), robust 403(b) retirement contributions by the university, life insurance, and more. Salary range is $42,500 - $45,500, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or high school graduate with additional training in secretarial skills, office management, administrative studies or similar support area.
- 3 years of professional experience supporting senior-level personnel (e.g. C-suite, VPs).
- Strong and effective organizational skills, including calendar management and development and maintenance of physical and electronic records and files.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of others and coordinate resources accordingly, assessing, compiling and disseminating information as required.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with decision-making capability.
- Proven ability to protect and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent written communication skills with proficiency in grammar and proofreading.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to prioritize one’s work and adjust to a dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Articulated interest in supporting risk management, insurance, and legal affairs.
Preferred Qualifications: While applicants may not possess all of the preferred qualifications, the ideal candidate will bring many of the following:
- Professional experience with document preparation (agendas, meeting materials, minutes) for boards of directors/trustees or similar.
- Understanding of and experience with institutional risk management, including property/casualty insurance, liability insurance, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Experience using an electronic procurement system to generate purchase orders and payment requests.
- Successful experience building and maintaining professional and welcoming relationships with multiple constituents at various levels (such as staff, faculty, VPs, external partners, and trustees/directors).
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Google Suite of products (mail, docs, sheets, drive, etc), PDF editor application, and e-signing tools.
- Experience organizing Zoom (or similar application) meetings.
- Willingness and aptitude for learning new computer software and other systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism, integrity, diplomacy, and judgment.
- Willingness to actively demonstrate support for diversity, equity, and inclusion, and participate in fostering a respectful, positive work environment that welcomes all persons.
- An appreciation for and willingness to engage with the mission and aims of OWU.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter that addresses the applicant’s qualifications for the position.
Applicants who move forward in the search process will need to provide a list of three professional references with complete contact information.Employment sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis.
OHIO WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY, a private liberal arts college located 20 miles north of Columbus, in Delaware, Ohio, promotes and celebrates an inclusive environment free from constraints in areas of culture, race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion, family relationship, or economic barriers. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged as OWU is an equal opportunity institution and has a strong commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion.