Program Coordinator - Clinical and Translational Science Institute
The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator with the Clinical and Translational Science Institute. This position provides specialized professional services and support to the following West Virginia Clinical and Translational Science Institute (WVCTSI) core: Clinical Research Design, Epidemiology and Biostatistics (CRDEB). This position reports to the Assistant Director of Clinical Research Services and provides direct coordination of the National COVID Cohort Collaborative (N3C) project. Assists in the organization and coordination of all aspects of the project, including planning, organizing, prioritizing service requests and community outreach and training/technical assistance activities, and developing administrative policies and procedures with respect to the WVCTSI and its mission.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist with all aspects of the implementation of the N3C project.
- Responsible for report gathering and communications with NC3 partner sites.
- Maintain program schedules and calendars.
- Review and respond to requests from researchers submitted via the iLab service request system.
- Collaborate with WVCTSI partners and outside agencies as needed for the N3C Project.
- Monitor the progress of the N3C project to ensure deadlines and milestones are met.
- Assist with evaluation activities such as tracking and reporting for quarterly reports.
- Facilitate services provided to researchers in a broad array of areas including biostatistics, data analysis, and clinical research data.
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of materials pertaining to the services provided by the WVCTSI.
- Assist senior CTSI staff with trainings and workshops. May disseminate materials, set up training rooms, assist with scheduling, etc.
- Provide assistance to management with functions such as planning, organizing coordinating, scheduling and implementing project activities to meet objectives.
- Actively participate in writing of reports, journal articles or other documentation of project/project program status and project results.
- Create status reports on plans, progress and results of project activity.
- Make presentations as needed.
- Generate reports on project/program plans, progress and results of activity.
This position allows for flexibility in work location, including a hybrid work option. Travel to the WVU Campus may need to occur based on organizational needs throughout the year.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Business, Statistics, Biomedical Sciences or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with program development and coordination.
- Maintains skills in, or knowledge of, professional principles, legal and/or reporting requirements affecting area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of program management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Excellent English language oral and written skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent event planning skills.
- Established ability to read and interpret documents.
- Demonstrated ability to present information and respond to questions from groups or individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to create and produce clear, concise paper and electronic documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment and to coordinate participation of team members from various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated program administration or project management experience preferred with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Group facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong ability to multi-task multiple projects at the same time.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Valid US driver's license
West Virginia University Research Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. West Virginia University Research Corporation values diversity among its employees and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.