Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To continue our impressive growth we are seeking a Transfer Counselor based at our Pleasantville (Westchester County) campus.
The Transfer Counselor is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of transfer students for Pace University’s Pleasantville and New York City campuses. As you will oversee a transfer recruitment territory, develop and implement transfer plans, and train other staff members on the transfer process, you will be expected to be current with transfer recruitment and retention practices. Responsibilities include: meeting one on one with prospective and current transfer students, reviewing admission applications, conducting transfer credit evaluations, and serving as a primary point person for transfer admission. The Transfer Counselor assists newly admitted students with making a successful transition to Pace and maintains knowledge of the undergraduate majors and programs offered, transfer articulation agreements, transfer policies, and the degree evaluation.
- Visiting community colleges in assigned recruitment territory to provide information about the University to prospective students.
- Strengthen relationships with community college transfer counselors.
- Attend college fairs.
- Conduct presentations.
- Meet with prospective transfers and their families to inform them about admissions and financial aid procedures.
- Use data reports, communications strategies and goals, and directives to manage a select group of prospects and applicants.
- Organize and facilitate both transfer information sessions and online chat sessions.
- Advise prospective students to assist in enrollment and matriculation paths.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of special transfer events.
- Generate personally developed leads/referrals from external outreach.
- Create and update transfer credit evaluations on a daily and weekly basis, including evaluation and data entry.
- Maintaining various databases relating to transfer credit.
- Working with academic advisors, Office of Student Assistance; schools, and other campus contacts to provide best practices as it relates to transfer credits.
- Serve as a liaison to designated athletic teams and academic departments.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 2 years in admissions and/or academic advisement preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint is necessary.
- Must be able to travel to different locations.
- Must be well versed in admission standards, degree programs, and student financial services and scholarships.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities.
- Well-organized, with excellent customer service. Possess strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated undergraduate experience in a) recruitment of prospective students; b) evaluating applications, transcripts, and supplemental documentation; and c) making admissions decisions on prospective applicants, to include full consideration of academic records and subjective criteria. Night and weekend work will be required. Overnight travel may be required.
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with transfer student populations. Experience with SCT Banner and CRM Slate
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/11995
About the Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.