Assistant Director of Employer Engagement
The Assistant Director of Employer Engagement is responsible for building relationships and strengthening existing partnerships to increase hiring and identify internship and full-time employment opportunities for Chestnut Hill College students and alumni. The Assistant Director will coordinate employer recruiting on campus, scheduling employer speakers in the classrooms and employer information sessions. The Assistant Director will also assist with facilitating career events, workshops, seminars, industry tours, and trainings for employers, faculty, and students to increase awareness of employment opportunities and build relationships with the industry. The Assistant Director connects students with employers and alumni to provide educational programs and promote job and internship opportunities for students.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional work experience in higher education, human resources, the business/corporate sector or marketing
- Excellent computer skills, including the MS Office suite, ability to navigate career management software (e.g., Handshake) and willingness to acquire additional competencies
- Experienced relationship manager with excellent public speaking, presentation, writing, and communication skills. Proficiency using online resources, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty, and staff
- Successful candidates will have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and must be student focused, a team player, have a positive attitude, and support the Mission of the College
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience coordinating and executing events such as career fairs and workshops
- Experience developing and utilizing marketing strategies to promote upcoming events to potential and current employers, students, faculty, alumni and other constituents
- Initiate and maintain contacts with employers to increase employer representation in programs and services such as on-campus interviewing, job postings, career fairs, networking events, and presentations for the benefit of CHC students and alumni
- Assist with planning, organizing and coordinating events which bring together students, employers, alumni and faculty to explore occupations, network, and learn about gainful employment and internship opportunities
- Effectively and efficiently utilize Handshake database for event coordination including maintaining up to date employer contacts and contact information, processing event registrations as well as approving employers and jobs and updating events.
- Provide one-on-one, group, phone, and email advising services to students and alumni seeking to identify job and internship opportunities
- Guide students on the effective use of Career Center resources in order to enhance students' understanding of the job market and to facilitate placement in full time and internship positions
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs to support experiential learning opportunities
- Provide career advice and counseling to students in the College’s three schools as well as alumni– School of Undergraduate Studies, School of Continuing and Professional Studies, and School of Graduate Studies
- Critique résumés, cover letters, and personal statements for undergraduate and graduate students in all majors and fields
- Engage potential employers and support neurodiverse students and all students with disabilities in the internship and job search processes
- Participate in career fairs, open houses, employer presentations, networking and other special programs, and college events as needed
- Facilitate assessment efforts and data collection to support data driven decision making
- Some off-campus travel may be required
- Serve on College committees and task forces as needed
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please.