Administrative Support Assistant I
Posting Number: req7208
Department: Pima County Office
Location: County Extensions and Farms
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Pima County Cooperative Extension (PCCE) is seeking to fill an Administrative Assistant position to assist Pima 4-H programs and PCCE operations. This 1.0 FTE position will be located at the PCCE office in Tucson, Arizona and will report to 4-H Agent Kalee Hunter. 4-H Youth Development provides informal learning opportunities for children ages 5-19 and volunteers who work with the program to teach life skills such as character development, responsibility, problem-solving and leadership to help develop youth into productive and engaged citizens. This position will provide 4-H and the PCCE office with administrative support such as scheduling, business and financial management, event planning, and marketing. In addition, they will keep official 4-H records, answer calls and emails, handle the human resources requirements of volunteer processing, provide support for trainings of volunteers.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Communication and Record Keeping related to 4-H Programs, Volunteer, and Families
- Organize, establish and maintain record-keeping system for 4-H Zuites enrollment system
- Conduct and track 4-H member and 4-H leader certification and enrollment.
- Prepare periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management of the program.
- Effectively communicate verbally, via email, voicemail, and social media as well as in writing and in person and under guidance from the Agent, serve as the front line of communication with 4-H members, volunteers and the public.
- Occasionally travel to participate in 4-H club activities such as 4-H meetings, tagging, or Fair activities with guidance from the 4-H Agent.
- Open and review all incoming mail; answer inquiries and compose correspondence on own initiative on general and technical matters in accordance with established guidelines and forward other items to supervisor or appropriate staff.
Events, Recruitment, Meetings, and Evaluations
- Plan and arrange conferences or meetings under general instructions from their supervisor and communicate arrangements to appropriate individuals.
- Develop and promote events and recruitment for the 4-H program including developing advertising and media, coordinating logistics, scheduling, and communicating to participants.
- Assist Agent with the program effectiveness evaluation processes, including developing improved methods, devising and implementing evaluation methodology and implement, analyzing results and recommending and/or taking appropriate action.
- Recruit program participants, members and volunteers utilizing most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures or presentations at meetings
- Maintain calendar(s) for assigned staff/faculty and regularly prioritize and arrange meetings, conferences and appointments as needed.
- Arrange necessary travel reservations and itineraries and preparing background materials needed.
4-H and PCCE Financial Transactions and Reporting
- Cash handling on a weekly basis along with making deposits for 4-H Club program
- Maintain and reconcile budgets and purchasing cards for departmental, institutional or work on unit accounts; monitor expenditures and perform simple analysis on accounts; prepare both special and recurring reports for supervisor and authorize payments within prescribed limits; and make recommendations for purchases.
- Creating Distribution of Income, Disbursement Vouchers, Internal Billing, Transfer of funds.
- Human Resources- Distribution of Payroll funds.
- Reconciling Purchasing Card charges
Other 4-H and PCCE Administrative Duties
- Screen phone calls and visitors, directing to appropriate staff or department when necessary
- Provide information requiring comprehensive knowledge and may interpret department policy, procedure and oper
- May supervise, monitor or coordinate the activities of subordinates.
- Interact and maintain liaison with faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.
- Preparing Stores Orders and Purchase Orders as needed
High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: 16.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Kalee Hunter - email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.