Administrative Support Assistant I
Posting Number: req7207
Department: Pima County Office
Location: County Extensions and Farms
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
The Office Specialist will provide a variety of administrative support tasks for Pima County Cooperative Extension. They will engage with visitors and stakeholders, coordinate building and equipment maintenance and supply ordering, assist with intraoffice communications, and assist the Director and Business Manager as needed. Although work is performed under supervision and many tasks are routine, independent judgment and creativity is will be needed to achieve maximum results.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Maintain PCCE Public Interface
The Office Specialist will be responsible for working at the front desk at the PCCE main office and interfacing with the public by answering phone calls, greeting visitors, monitoring and redirecting incoming emails, and ensuring that public areas are welcoming and that public information is displayed.
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Receive and distribute mail
- Monitor PCCE central email address and forward messages
- Maintain organization in the front lobby and conference rooms
Under direction from the PCCE Director and Business Manager, the Office Specialist will coordinate maintenance for PCCE facilities, equipment, and supplies.
- Organize surplus materials and schedule pick-up
- Communicate with Pima County regarding building maintenance and pest control - Order and organize office supplies and furniture
- Track printer use and implement a system for program reimbursement
- Track vehicle maintenance and follow up
- Other similar duties, as directed
Provide Administrative Support
The Office Specialist will support the PCCE business manager and PCCE Director with a variety of organizational tasks.
- Track and log checks received via mail
- Administrative support and communications with the PCCE Advisory Committee - Maintain the PCCE general listserv and help with other mailing lists as directed - Assist with the PCCE e-newsletter
- Additional support tasks as directed
Under direction from the PCCE Director and Business Manager, the Office Specialist will support all PCCE staff by scheduling meetings, assisting with office-wide events, and by communicating about and tracking compliance with PCCE and UA directives.
- Manage the intraoffice calendars
- Schedule rooms and other use of the PCCE main office facility
- Schedule and send reminders for staff meetings
- Assist with coordination of office-wide events and celebrations
- Distribute UA information through the PC listserv and track compliance
High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Agriculture and Extension
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.00
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Connie Callahan - email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.