Mobile Dining Attendant - The Commons
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 234506
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Serves guests by gathering, organizing and fulfilling food orders from our mobile ordering partner for pick up in the Residential Dining halls.
- Ensures a positive guest experience
- Serves as the first point of customer contact
- Greets and acknowledges customers, providing a high level of customer service
- Communicates customer requests or concerns to management
- Maintains awareness of daily menu items and meal plan knowledge
- Ensures food quality, including tasting food for quality control
- Gathers food from different stations as it is prepared and organizes and packages it in an efficient and timely manner
- Fulfills mobile orders with guests as they arrive for pick up
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
High School diploma or equivalent
On-the-job training provided
- Previous experience in Restaurants, Quick Service Restaurants, Curbside Pickup or Retail Fulfillment
- Experience using a Kitchen Display Screen or Online Ordering System
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at once
- Knowledge of food service terminology
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations and food handling procedures
- Excellent at interpersonal relationships, taking initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Maintains neat and professional appearance
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and Holidays
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234506&PostingSeq=1