Talent Acquisition Specialist- Recruiter- University Dining
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 234598
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for leading the staffing efforts for the university. Works with hiring managers on creative sourcing, screening candidates, interviewing and recommending candidates. Assists with hiring proposal calculations and works with Compensation to determine final offer. Collaborates with HRBPs and HR Generalists on identifying talent gaps and workforce planning.
Responsible for the high volume staffing needs for the University's Dining Department.
- Partners with hiring managers to secure high level talent using creative sourcing techniques
- Collaborates with hiring departments to design recruitment strategy for difficult to fill positions
- Assists hiring managers by prescreening resumes/applications for assigned jobs
- Conducts in person or phone interviews with candidates using behavioral based interviewing strategies
- Provides recommended candidate slate to hiring managers
- Seeks out passive candidates through creative sourcing
- Consults with Compensation team on compensation analysis to determine market competitive and equitable salary recommendations
- Coordinates search committees and search committee training, including advising hiring managers on behavioral interviewing techniques, EEOC and OFCCP guidelines
- Serves as a liaison with area employment agencies, industry associations and Department of Labor
- Completes reports on hiring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Works with hiring managers and HR Business Partners on future workforce planning
- Facilitates recruitment training for the applicant tracking system and associated hiring processes
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Human Resources, or related field
Three (3) years of experience in recruitment hiring
Hands on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
Experience in higher education setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Able to work with a variety of people, possessing tact, discretion and diplomacy
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Analytic skills and ability to made decisions or recommendations as appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite in particular Excel)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=234598&PostingSeq=1