Director Gore Giovale Center for Innovative Leadership
Department: Academic Affairs
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time
Position SummaryReporting to the Provost, the director is responsible for the planning, direction, and administration of the new Gore Giovale Center for Innovative Leadership.
Responsibility: Corporate Engagement
DescriptionSet vision for Gore Giovale Center on corporate engagement initiatives prioritizing positive impact on the student experience and potential new institutional revenue sources. Collaborate w/campus and external partners on corporate engagement projects and events. Represent Westminster College at professional associations, meetings, conferences, and seminars to build new network relationships and opportunities.
Responsibility: Industry Partnerships
DescriptionFacilitate the development of industry partnerships to provide employer paid and mentored research and internship opportunities for undergraduate students across all campus disciplines.
Responsibility: Leadership Programming
DescriptionCollaborate with key campus partners to define, scaffold, and assess leadership education as part of a paid undergraduate research, internship, or creative works student experience. Work with campus academic units and the office of Professional and Continuing Education to develop leadership programming for external partners.
Responsibility: Signature Student Experience
DescriptionCollaborate with key campus partners including the Career Center and Dumke Center for Civic Engagement to provide leadership and oversight of the paid undergraduate research, internship, or creative inquiry student experience. In collaboration with a committee, organize and host a campus event to showcase the outcomes of the student experiences.
DescriptionTeach a course in area of expertise
DescriptionManage multiple budgets. Identify key fundraising opportunities and craft funding proposals. Prepare annual reports as appropriate. Represent area at college meetings, committees, and events.
Responsibility: Diversity and Inclusion
DescriptionPromote an Inclusive Westminster through demonstration of the commitments included in the Westminster College Diversity Statement. Participate in developmental activities to increase understanding and awareness of issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion both individually and as related to my field of work, profession or discipline.
Additional ResponsibilitiesSupervision of assigned staff and/or student positions as detailed in the Supervisor Handbook., Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Graduate degree with strong competencies in the areas of leadership, student development, and corporate engagement is preferred.
- Experience in higher education organizations.
- High level writing skills, speaking, presentation, and organizational skills. Ability to respond to complex correspondence. Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to prepare and present project budgets. Command of digital spreadsheet software. Ability to develop complex financial reports.
- Capacity to create and monitor successful grant requests-including overseeing programs of work, tracking operational budgets and expenditures, etc.
Posting Number: S087P
Desired Start Date01/04/2022