Assistant Professor, Physical Therapy
The School of Natural and Health Sciences, Physical Therapy Program at Seton Hill University, Greensburg, PA invites applications for a full time 10 month faculty appointment to begin in the spring or summer of 2022. The program was approved for Candidacy on July 13th, 2021, with the inaugural cohort admitted in August of 2021.
POSITION SUMMARY: The program seeks a collegial individual to assist with continued program development and primary teaching responsibilities in neuromuscular physical therapy. The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching, service and scholarly activities in accordance with the PT Department Policy and Procedures and CAPTE standards. The Physical Therapy Program will offer the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree and features a hybrid systems-based curricular model with a patient centered philosophy utilizing student centered teaching methods designed to foster exceptional abilities for critical analysis, problem solving, communication and proactive involvement in healthcare. Consistent with the mission of the Sisters of Charity, students are expected to participate in service with multiple foci including international service learning experiences. Applicants may contact Dr. Craig Ruby (email@example.com) for additional information.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Ed.D, D.Sc, and DPT) or have a formal plan in place for the acquisition of said degree. An academic doctorate is preferred.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a PT in Pennsylvania
- Five (5) years clinical experience, and two (2) years of experience preferred in teaching, curriculum development and administration in a physical therapy education program.
- Commitment to implementing the vision, mission, and values of a Catholic university
- Expertise in neuromuscular physical therapy. (American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties certificate in neuromuscular PT is preferred, NCS)
- Teach the Physical Therapy curriculum in the Physical Therapy Program;
- Assist with continued curricular development and updates;
- Participate in the Accreditation process for CAPTE;
- Participate in APTA Conferences, university service, department and School faculty meetings and committees;
- Mentor academic advisees and research advisees;
- Evaluate students to determine entry-level proficiency to proceed with clinical education experience.
All applicants must provide the following:
- Letter of application outlining how qualifications and experience will enable the candidate to carry out the essential functions of the position and advance the Mission of Seton Hill University;
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (cv);
- A list of references to include three (3) personal references and contacts at all prior; places of employment listed on the CV.;
- Transcripts from all schools awarding degrees to the applicant (official copies preferred).
Electronic applications preferred.