Director of Annual Giving
Function of Position:
Responsible to the Director of Alumni & Parent Engagement to develop, implement, and assess, effective strategies to enhance financial support of annual giving initiatives and intercollegiate athletics; create, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships among a portfolio of leadership annual giving donors and prospects; collaborate with Alumni Relations and Advancement colleagues to engage alumni, parents and friends in participating in the life of, providing for, and promoting, the College; and supervising the Assistant Director of Annual Giving.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Create, implement, and assess a comprehensive and strategic annual giving program that maximizes philanthropic support and involvement of alumni, parents, and other friends of the College, and meets Institutional Advancement goals. (60%)
- Coordinate, execute, and assess direct mail, e-solicitation, and other strategies designed to increase alumni giving and participation.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications and/or outside vendors to create and produce collateral materials in support of annual giving initiatives.
- Oversee the KnightCaller program and ensure effective coordination, execution, and assessment, of Wartburg’s fundraising phonathon.
- Engage Advancement staff in the development, implementation, and assessment of strategies to increase membership in the Tower Society in fulfillment of institutional goals.
- Manage the development and execution of strategies to enhance support of Intercollegiate Athletics, working with Athletics personnel to increase annual giving to the Athletics Booster Club.
2) Manage a portfolio of existing and prospective leadership annual giving donors, creating, cultivating, and stewarding relationships in support of annual revenue goals. (20%)
3) Collaborate with the Alumni & Parent Relations team, Advancement colleagues and other campus colleauges, and leverage volunteer involvement, to develop and execute effective crowdfunding initiatives and class reunion giving programs. (10%)
4) Supervise and evaluate the performance of the Assistant Director of Annual Giving, engage the services of the Alumni & Parent Engagement Office Coordinator as well as student employees, and collaborate with Advancement and campus colleagues, to enable fulfillment of institutional goals and objectives. (5%)
- Manage fiscal budgets relative to annual giving.
- Serve as member of Advancement Management Team
5) Manage subscription-based platforms such as Blackbaud, Pledgemine, and Anthology. (5%)
6) Other related duties as assigned.
Employee is responsible for determining own work assignments referring to policies and general objectives for guidance. Employee independently devises new methods to meet conditions and confers with supervisor regarding unusual matters.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and five years of related work experience. Preferred qualifications include: experience working with annual giving; dedicated commitment to the value of a private liberal arts college and its constituency; vision to help implement the strategic plan that provides a blueprint for the College’s future; excellent communication, management, and organizational skills; high level of energy, initiative, creativity and a “can do” attitude; and an appreciation for Wartburg College as a college of the ELCA. Skills required include an understanding and appreciation of philanthropy; strong written and communication and analytical skills; aptitude and experience with computers and technology needed to meet objectives; ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments; ability to collaborate with others in a team environment; and a strong appreciation for the liberal arts college and mission. Work, including travel, is required on nights and weekends as necessary to fulfill position duties.
Send a letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, resume, and contact information for three references electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.