Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor’s, masters and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan.
The analyst position is responsible for collecting and maintaining data, preparing and analyzing reports and data files to support institutional initiatives and planning. The position will design, develop, and maintain data models for reporting and analyzing statistical data while collaborating with various stakeholders to determine data requirements and outcomes based on strategic initiatives. The position will also complete reports and summaries for management and users including project status reports, problem reports, and progress summaries.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with stakeholders to determine data requirements and outcomes based on strategic objectives.
- Designs, develops, and maintains data models for reporting and analyzing statistical data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports and to support data driven decision making.
- Develops standardized templates, policies, and procedures for reporting.
- Collects, manages, and cleans datasets.
- Analyzes data quantitatively and qualitatively, identifies root causes of problems with reports or data sets, communicates findings, and collaborates on data quality.
- Develops, documents, and maintains processes, procedures, and data collection instruments for institutional data quality and integrity.
- Creates, maintains, and updates reports, accreditation documents, and assessment efforts through the support of data analysis.
- Utilizes specified statistical software to analyze and interpret data.
- Reviews progress, evaluates results, recommends new processes, and promotes best practices
- Collaborates with other institutional departments to create and enforce data standards, definitions, coding and reporting practices.
- Develops new techniques and procedures to enhance university analytics process.
- Completes other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Office suite, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software applications sufficiently to train others
- Strong working knowledge of tools used for creating interactive dashboards, such Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience working with large datasets and relational databases.
- Experience developing effective ways for users to view, use, and understand data, including designing graphical representations of data in reports and interactive dashboards.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team-based environment.
- Possess strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, and senior administration.
- Demonstrated skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with Student Information System database reporting and/or development preferred
- One or more years of professional experience in higher education preferred.
Applicants must include a cover letter, resume and response statement regarding Tech's Mission and Diversity Statement. For preferred review of materials please apply by September 30, 2021.