College Admissions Counselor
Type: Part-Time/Seasonal –College Admissions Counselor
- Manage a caseload of around 15 junior/senior students
- Help students plan and define high school curricula
- Design daily, weekly, monthly, and/or yearly academic and activity calendars
- Assist students to improve time management, organizational, and study skills
- Guide students and parents through every stage of the high school journey including, but not limited to, course selection, standardized testing, extracurricular activities and internships, leadership, and community service work
- Advise clients on selecting and finalizing a list of universities
- Support clients through the college admissions process (essays, applications, interviews, scholarships, and more)
- Lead group admissions workshops and clinics for students and parents
- Counsel current college students through the transfer application process to four-year colleges/universities
- Assist with and manage essay editing student’s college admission essays
- Manage a roster of students you will be working with on a one-on-one basis
- Support the overall mission by assisting in client relations
- 3+ years of experience as a High School College Counselor or Independent Educational/College Admissions Counselor
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree
- Deep familiarity with the undergraduate college admissions process in the United States
- A nuanced understanding of how standardized test scores relate to the admissions process
- Genuine interest in guiding students towards a better future, therefore, naturally and enthusiastically promotes the organization's services to prospective client families
- Enthusiastic, passionate counselor
- Independent learner that can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about helping middle and high school students and their families navigate the college admissions process, making it as stress-free and rewarding as possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-aware, open, receptive to constructive feedback, responsible, and accountable
- Highly organized, multi-tasking whiz; efficiency is key
- Authentic team player who relishes the opportunity to collaborate and share best practices
- The position is remote (Southern California location is desirable)
- Looking for the right long-term fit
COMPENSATION: This opportunity offers an hourly rate $26-$27/hour, depending on experience + bonuses. There is great potential to grow professionally while working for an organization that makes a difference.
How To Apply: For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter as a Word (.doc) or (.docx) attachment to Hiring Manager (email@example.com). Please indicate "College Planning Counselor" in the subject line and answer the questions below in your cover letter. Applications that do not include your individual responses to these questions will not be considered.
- What experience have you had working with high school students?
- Why would you like to work with high school students in this capacity?
About Our Firm
We are a busy private college planning company that provides tailored career, major, and college guidance to high school students. We work with students to walk them through exploring careers and majors, selecting colleges, resume building, essay editing, and applying to colleges.
Employment Type: As soon as possible