Salus University, founded as the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1919, today is a diversified, globally recognized professional academic center of learning that offers a wide range of degree programs in the professions of Optometry, Audiology, Physician Assistant, Public Health, Education and Rehabilitation for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Biomedicine, Occupational Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology. Salus operates four clinical facilities in the Philadelphia area that provide highly specialized vision, hearing and balance, and speech-language pathology services. The University has more than 1,100 students, including PhD candidates, and more than 12,500 alumni worldwide. For more information, please visit www.salus.edu.
We are currently seeking a skilled higher education admissions professional to collaborate with the Director of Admissions and staff members to ensure sound operation of the Office of Admissions. Responsibilities encompass all functions related to the recruitment and admission of students to academic programs offered by Salus University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Admissions and Associate Director(s) in the preparation, execution and evaluation of a viable recruitment program that supports the university's strategic plan and enrollment goals, with an emphasis on increasing the enrollment of historically under-represented and/or disadvantaged students. This aspect will include extensive travel to undergraduate institutions as well as involvement in high school/community events.
- Assist the Associate/Assistant Director(s) of Admissions in the preparation, evaluation, and management of all admissions files utilizing a student information database, centralized application service portal, Enrollment Marketing/Customer Relationship Management Platform and document management systems.
- Participate in the candidate on-campus interview process for all university programs.
- Counsel prospective applicants.
- Work to strengthen relations with undergraduate counselors and advisors to maintain and enhance the image of all programs offered at Salus University as well as to assist the University in achieving a diverse student body.
- Conduct presentations (in-person and through online webinars) and represent Salus University at career/college fairs.
- Assist in the planning and execution of Admissions functions related to the recruitment and admission of students (e.g. open houses, group visitation programs, Orientation).
- Attend selected activities sponsored by the Admissions Office, the University and/or its Colleges and student organizations.
- Conduct tours of campus and clinical facilities as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Experience Required:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree or an earned Associate’s degree combined with at least two years of work experience in higher education admissions.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organizational skills along with the ability to coordinate and execute multiple concurrent independent projects.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive campus climate.
- The ability and willingness to travel throughout the year for recruitment and conference attendance purposes (valid driver’s license required).
- The ability and willingness to work evenings and/or weekends to accommodate the activities related to job responsibilities.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills, Internet, Microsoft Office (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and various computer applications.
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Practicum experience working in admissions or other related areas of student affairs or higher education.
- Experience in academic and/or admissions related marketing and communications.
- Prior experience in undergraduate or graduate admissions.
- Work-related experience with any of the professions represented by the programs at Salus University.
- Prior experience with Jenzabar database and/or Centralized Application Services.
- Knowledge of enrollment management principles.
Salus offers a comprehensive benefits package. Please send your application via: http://www.salus.edu/About/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Salus University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women/Minorities/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability or other legally protected status.