Director of Financial Aid - Fort Wayne
Purdue University Fort Wayne is seeking a Director of Financial Aid to fulfill a critical role in Enrollment Management. This position ensures federal, state, system, and local compliance; acts as oversight for all on-campus aid programs; sets university financial aid and scholarship philosophy; assists students in a timely manner; and provides excellent systems and customer service functions accordingly. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provide supervision and leadership in managing all aspects of the financial aid functions as well as developing effective and efficient policies and procedures.
- Direct and educate the university on proper use of financial aid, providing presentations, acting as department liaison, etc. while ensuring proper fiscal accounting and control of funds.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and responses to federal, state, and local agencies as well as Purdue internal audit.
- Lead and collaborate across campus entities - including Student Information Systems, Bursar, Registrar, and IT to plan, implement, assess, and assure effective automated systems.
- Conduct outreach activities with area high schools and agencies; advise students, parents, and others on financial aid matters.
- Research and create current, appropriate and industry-leading standards in student consumer information.
- Participate in state and national associations and other duties as assigned.
Find out why so many are taking advantage of a career at Purdue University Fort Wayne! Employees enjoy:
- Free tuition through Purdue University Global
- Fee remission for a traditional Purdue degree for yourself, spouse, and children
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Live and work in an affordable, family friendly community
- Bachelor's degree.
- Six to seven years of direct university financial aid experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Understanding of and appreciation for diversity.
- Master's degree.
- Budget management.
- Banner experience/knowledge.
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately
Purdue University Fort Wayne seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Purdue Fort Wayne is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Purdue Fort Wayne is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.Oct 19, 2021