Assistant Director, Residence Life
Kennesaw State University
Residence Life and Housing
Job ID: 233607
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Serves their assigned on-campus housing areas and the department by providing general oversight of the Residence Life program and day-to-day operations. Provides support through the direct supervision of assigned staff, general administration, community development, crisis management and collaboration with operations and facilities staff. Provides guidance to residents and oversees the management of student conduct cases for assigned staff in the assigned residential area.
1. Provides leadership, supervision, training, development, and performance management for professional staff including Community Coordinator(s) and indirectly supervises paraprofessional staff including resident assistants.
2. Oversees the management of student conduct for entry-level staff and serves as a residential conduct officer for high-priority residential student cases
3. Oversees and assists Community Coordinator(s) with the development and implementation of residential curriculum for assigned housing area
4. Communicates, interprets, supports, and enforces department and university policies to Community Coordinator(s) and students
5. Assists in the management and oversight of assigned staff and/or student assistants in assisting our Operations staff with location needs and turn process
6. Maintains accessibility to staff and residents beyond traditional office hours as necessary (i.e., university events, department programming, meetings)
7. Provides personal assistance to students through advising, counseling, discipline, and crisis intervention
8. Provides departmental support to operations and facilities staff in day-to-day operations and crisis response
9. Maintains assigned area's purchasing card (Pcard) and budget processes
10. Assesses student and community needs and incorporates results into planning efforts
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two (2) years of experience in higher education or a related field
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Master's degree in Student Personnel, Higher Education or related field
Previous leadership and supervisory experience
Previous experience in Residence Life or Student Affairs
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Credit + Drug Screening + Education & MVR Report
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=233607&PostingSeq=1