Retail Worker I (Part Time) (Multiple Positions)
Posting Number: req6293
Department: The UofA BookStores
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe individual hired will support students in various different departments within the Bookstore. This individual will report to the assistant to the Director of the store.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provides essential services to students, faculty and staff. Delivers a wide variety of services including retail and sales, operations, mailroom, and parking and transportation, as well as customer service and logistical support for all special events and conferences. Provides a variety of activities to support and assist internal and external customers.
- Helps customer make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions. Walking around on the main floor ensuring all customers are being assisted and cared for.
- Provides on-line or in-person customer service support. The incumbent will need to be able to talk to customers in a polite and professional manner. A positive impression needs to be left with our customers.
- Processes orders for materials or merchandise, and tracks orders from placement to delivery. Using our internal system, employees are able to check the status of orders and can give feedback to customers more quickly when understanding the system.
- Receptionist duties - The main function of this position is assisting the administrative area with clerical and secretarial duties at The University of Arizona BookStore. Typical duties include typing, with a strong emphasis on editing existing documentation, word processing, maintaining files, copying, and assist in preparing various documents given by supervisor. This student will also assist with the reception duties. The receptionist position's primary function is to receive and direct callers and visitors to the appropriate office/person and notify party of the visitor's arrival and answering the telephones.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience may be required.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 19.6
Job FTE: .49
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: University Operations
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $12.15
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.