Assistant Director of Events and Services
The assistant director of events and services will work collaboratively to manage events and provide leadership and oversight to membership services to meet the demands of the university community, while also promoting our mission. This position will manage onsite functions and provide opportunities for students to engage in meaningful beyond the classroom experiences.
Primary duties include:
- Serve as the departmental scheduler of Campus Recreation facilities. Oversee the receiving, scheduling, and confirming of over 2000 facility reservation requests in the designated scheduling system.
- Direct Campus Recreation member service operations, generating approximately $150,000 in ancillary revenue annually. Manage member service sales, billing, and associated policies and procedures to meet the demands of the university community.
- Provide direct supervision of the coordinator of member services by correctly implementing EPMS policy and conducting regular meetings to assess performance. Oversee the hiring, training, and supervising of approximately 50-member services student employees.
- Create, administer, and direct fiscal oversight of annual operational and payroll budgets of $200,000 using appropriate university and department financial policies and tools to ensure that revenue and expenses are tracked and optimized.
- Develop and implement strategic plans and goals that drive growth, continuous improvement, safety, quality of programs and participant satisfaction through program reviews and assessment.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency.