Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 233802
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Plans and implements program initiatives for the assigned college, department, and/or unit. Participates in the generation of program resources, communication, design and development of operating goals, objectives, and protocols. Serves as primary point for program implementation and operational matters. Provides technical, professional and programmatic guidance, consultation, and support.
- Develops, plans and coordinates the implementation and execution of programs, special projects, events and other initiatives designed to achieve the overall mission, goals, and objectives of the assigned program(s) and/or area(s)
- Oversees and administers all facets and activities related to day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s)
- Serves as liaison with internal and external clients on all matters relating to program activities
- Provides and/or coordinates the provision of technical guidance, consultation, related support to clientele within area of program focus
- Assists with forecast projections and budget for each fiscal year and evaluates progress towards financial goals
- Prepares and delivers program presentations and collateral for program and events
- Coordinates the collection, compilation, and analysis of program activity data, prepares comprehensive program reports and evaluation summaries
- Coordinates and monitors social media presence and program outreach
- May supervise and/or lead staff and/or students assistants, as assigned
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
One (1) years of related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please refer to the department Position Description Addendum for specific duties as it relates to the assigned department, division, unit and/or college
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to devise, develop, collect and analyze statistical information and reports
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Ability to make administrative and/or procedural decisions and judgments
Demonstrated professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focus
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + Education
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=233802&PostingSeq=1