Faculty~ Short Term Health Programs
Do you still have the passion for the healthcare field but maybe Covid or the changes in the last year have tested your desire/ability to work in those traditional settings? We need you, your knowledge & that passion for this position & don’t want any of it to go to waste!! We know how valuable you are & all those years of experience are to others in your field & the healthcare community as a whole.
Have you thought about teaching those wanting to get into the healthcare? Your vast amount of training & on the job learning you acquired is just as important for newbies as anything written in a textbook. You have learned how to bridge departments, work with diverse populations, in every sense of the word, as well as how to deal with stress & balancing your own needs with the job. These are vital things not always addressed in the healthcare field & we want our students to be ahead of the rest. Please consider this opportunity for your future!
Position is Full-time, working a minimum of 40 hours per week. Primary responsibility of an instructor is to provide the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. The instructor is responsible for performing the duties in the assigned instructional modality (hybrid, online or face to face) during the day, evening, or weekend on any WSU Tech) campus/off-campus/on-line location. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction, instructional counseling, academic planning, serving on various committees, recruiting, participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations as needed.
Quick Glance of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps students informed and updated concerning course content, requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
- Maintains accurate and complete scholastic records, including but not limited to course messaging in the LMS, grades, census rosters and attendance records.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress toward the achievement of course outcomes/competencies.
- Posts and maintains office hours for student consultation (combined with classroom instruction, minimum 35 contact hours per week on campus or location authorized by the Dean).
- Manages and supervises students in all assigned classroom and laboratory activities to ensure a safe and effective learning environment.
Teaching and Instruction
- Maintains industry credentials as appropriate to the teaching area.
- Develops, revises, and/or recommends curriculum and changes, as needed, which meet the objectives of the course/program and improve student learning.
- Ensures that each program/class meets the WSUTech Course Standard, includes all appropriate curricular components, utilizes effective teaching methods/practices (pedagogy) and reflects current field practices.
- Teaches all classes according to an approved course syllabus, ensuring that assigned classes are held as scheduled. Holds the final exam at the time scheduled unless permission to deviate has been approved by appropriate program leadership
- Teaches and maintains an effective learning environment regardless of instructional modality (online, hybrid, or face to face).
Programmatic and Institutional Engagement
- Fully participates in, utilizes and submits when due program review information, assessment data, and course/college evaluations.
- Develops, and maintains a positive relationship with program Industry Advocate Teams (IAT) members. Recruits new members to serve on IAT committees.
- Engages with the appropriate staff members (Success Coaches, Disability services etc.) to assist with student success.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Associates degree required, BSN, is preferred.
- Has and maintains a current Kansas RN license, required.
- Minimum two years current clinical experience, one of which must be equivalent to one year full-time in a licensed long term care facility.
- Current American Heart Association or RedCross CPR certification and maintained, required
- Yearly TB test and other immunizations or physical examinations as required by clinical sites, obtained at own expense.
- Previous teaching or training experience in adult education preferred with pre-planning course work.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to work with students, technical and administrative personnel in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision, meeting deadlines and dealing with pressure appropriately.
- Ability to effectively organize and direct personnel during crisis or emergency situations.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Pay Rate: $45,500
Schedule: M-F (8a-5p mostly; some weekends arranged with advanced notice)