Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Delaware Valley University, in beautiful Doylestown, Pennsylvania, is accepting candidates for Assistant Director of Financial Aid in our Financial Aid Department.
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid assists the Director in planning, development and administration of federal, state and institutional aid programs following federal, state and institutional guidelines, policies and regulations to include awarding, reconciliation, compliance, reporting, and oversite. This individual assists the Associate Director of Operations with responsibilities as a liaison between the Office of Financial Aid and Human Resources to coordinate Federal Work Study and Campus Employment Programs; including reconciliation, budgeting and internal and external reporting. Additionally, they inform and counsel parents and students, undergraduate and graduate, regarding financial aid options and requirements. This individual packages financial aid for all student populations both prospects and current students. They analyze and perform need analysis, resolve discrepancies and verify federal aid applications while maintaining required documentation. They also attend all financial aid functions and University functions as necessary including weekend or evening. They maintain current knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures and attend training related to responsibilities.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, this is a 12-month, full-time staff position with a Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm schedule.
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Assist in the administration, oversite, management, and reporting of assigned federal, state and institutional aid programs including but not limited to PHEAA Grant and Special Programs, Federal Work Study and Student Employment
- Financial Aid Counseling - assigned full time, prospective, transfer, part time and graduate caseloads
- Satisfactory Academic Progress oversite including monitoring, reporting and notifying students
- Assist the Associate Director of Operations/Director with data management needs for internal or external reporting and annual Financial Aid Management System (FAMS) maintenance
- Analyze and perform need analysis, resolve discrepancies and verify federal aid applications
- Package financial aid for all student populations both prospects and current students
- Attend financial aid events and University functions related to job
- Professional development to include maintaining current knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures
- Interact with university community and federal and state agencies within the scope of assisting in the administration of designated programs
- Plan, implement and oversee University Financial Literacy programming and default management. Oversee the federal exit process for withdrawals and graduates
- Assist with the administration of University scholarship programs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The above job responsibilities are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of three (3) years of work related experience
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ellucian/Colleague proficiency preferred
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency - Excel and Word proficiency
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively with the University community, students and families, alumni and outside agencies
- Effectively resolve problems
- Organize resources and establish priorities
- Experience with external government websites such as COD and NSLDS
Physical demands and working conditions for this position include:
- Office, computer use, internet, internal /external software
- Typically sitting at a desk or table
- Occasional weekend and evening hours
Why work for DelVal?
Beautiful college campus in charming Doylestown!
Free parking and Septa stop on-site!
Collaborative, collegial colleagues!
Tuition waiver for self and dependents!
Generous paid time off policy including paid winter break!
Various discounts including campus bookstore, Bucks County YMCA, BJ's and Costco Wholesale!
Many other wonderful benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and flex spending and retirement plan!
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.
Selected applicants will be responsible for providing the University with the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, which has been completed within the last 5 years.