Senior Financial Aid Coordinator
Lake Michigan College
Benton Harbor, Michigan
Senior Financial Aid Coordinator
Posting Number: 0000768
Reports to: Director, Financial Aid
Department: Financial Aid
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Assists with the supervision of staff to process all daily activities and operations of the Financial Aid office, and counsel students and families regarding the various forms of financial aid available and student eligibility according to prescribed Federal regulations and guidelines. Additional roles include providing personal counseling and information concerning financial aid programs to students and parents as well as supporting the functions of Enrollment Management with recruitment and retention initiatives. Provides a student centered approach and helps lead a team where student service is imperative for departmental success.
1. Ensures compliance with the Department of Educations consumer information requirements.
2. Assists in the development of policies and procedures; and maintains fiscal responsibilities for several state, federal, and institutional programs.
3. Works with the Finance Office to ensure timely disbursement of funds.
4. Monitors official withdrawals and no attendance (FA grade) within a term or semester. Reviews student records for unofficial withdrawals, e.g., non-passing grades.
5. Performs return of title IV funds calculation, if appropriate
6. Ensures proper notification of earned (and post-withdrawal disbursement, if eligible) and return of unearned funds in a timely manner.
7. Monitors return of unearned aid to program account.
8. Responds to student communications for information.
9. Provides end of semester and ad hoc reports.
10. Assists with borrower-based academic year (BBAY) loan processing, when needed.
11. Assists with and coordinates all aspects of staff training to cover new regulations governing federal aid programs, as well as state programs, and institutional policies.
12. Keeps abreast of federal and state financial aid regulations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Senior Financial Aid Coordinator is responsible for an accurate accounting of all information relating to all program accounts. Provides direct supervision of Financial Aid customer service and support staff.
Bachelors Degree required. Three or more years of experience related to financial aid or finance is required. Experience in a customer service oriented environment required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience in Microsoft Access and Banner by Ellucian preferred. Excellent organizational skills. Confidentiality is required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Summer hours from May- August
College fully funds health insurance deductible.
Benefits immediately start first day of employment.
Official College transcripts required upon hire.
Open Date: 08/03/2021
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3744
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesakes breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our regions future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the colleges facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMCs main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet its less than a half-days drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.