Centenary College of Louisiana seeks an innovative and qualified candidate for the full-time position of Registrar to begin January 2022. The Registrar is a team leader that supports the mission and functions of the College by working directly with students, faculty, and staff.
The Registrar is responsible for overseeing the academic standards, policies, and regulations of the College, and for supervising the staff members in the Office of Registrar. This position requires well-developed analytical, communication, and technology skills. In particular, the Registrar provides strategic leadership and overall management of office operations. The Registrar reports to the Provost and works closely with academic and student development personnel and others to accomplish the mission of the college.
- Supports the implementation of curriculum and academic standards and policies of the College, ensuring that: faculty legislation on curriculum and academic policies and regulations are implemented in a timely and consistent manner; graduation requirements are interpreted and warranted exceptions are made carefully; and academic regulations are administered.
- Supports the College's retention efforts.
- Oversees training, reporting, and processes for use of Banner student information system.
- Ensures compliance with National Student Clearinghouse.
- Serves as FERPA compliance officer and trains College on FERPA.
- Applies institutional policy in determining transferrable credits from other educational institutions.
- Plans and oversees student-oriented pre-registration and registration processes; coordinates course assignments, drop-add, course changes and faculty room assignments.
- Follows the AACRAO principles of professional ethics and practice.
Minimum qualifications include: An advanced degree and three years related experience or a Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience. Preference will be given to individuals with experience with Banner student information system and/or experience at a selective, private, residential liberal arts college.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references. Candidate materials should address relevant experience and/or commitment to advancing the College’s commitment to diversity. Official transcripts and a background check are required before a candidate can be hired.
To apply, send application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
c/o Department of Human Resources
Centenary College of Louisiana
2911 Centenary Blvd.
Shreveport, LA 71104
Centenary College of Louisiana is a selective, residential, national liberal arts college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River and is a member of the Associated Colleges of the South.