Assistant Director of the College of Southern Idaho Foundation
The Assistant Director will be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in their daily activities of managing the College of Southern Idaho Foundation, Inc. This position will be required to create and implement strategic annual and long-term plans, programs and events designed to engage CSI donors, community members, faculty, staff, and students. This position will also be responsible for connecting CSI graduates to career resources, current students and campus life through strategic affinity building through the alumni association.
- Fundraising: Shall be an active participant in all aspects of Foundation fundraising and friend-raising efforts, including the planning, promotion, coordination, and execution of special events, annual fund drives, online giving campaigns, major gifts campaigns, planned giving initiatives and all other efforts in regards to fundraising for the College and alumni association.
- Foundation Operational and Financial Management: This position is responsible for ensuring the creation and maintenance of accurate and complete files in the functional areas of the CSI Foundation, including general correspondence, donor recognition, gift acceptance, gift disposition, gift restrictions, and donor prospecting and stewardship. In addition, this position is responsible for managing and maintaining complete financial information for the College of Southern Idaho Foundation, Inc. Duties include review of budgets and investment information, assisting with the creation of an annual budget, oversight and report to the Executive Director of monthly budget expenditures, and working with various contracted agencies including but not limited to the Foundation's accountants and auditing firms.
- Scholarship Management: The Assistant Director will work with the College's Scholarship Coordinator and/or other staff in ensuring that scholarship information is provided to their office accurately and in a timely manner. This position will also manage all emergency grant requests on behalf of the CSI Foundation to include fund distribution, reconciliation, and tracking in abidance by audit standards.
- Donor and Board Relations: This position shall act as a coordinator and facilitator in both donor and board relationships which include committee support, donor events, special luncheons and other duties as assigned. The Assistant Director will attend all meetings of the CSI Foundation board as well as all committee meetings. This position will also maintain appropriate communications with donors and potential donors and attend community events as requested.
- Alumni Relations: This position shall act as an alumni relations coordinator by maintaining the database, engaging current and new alumni, executing events such as homecoming, and connecting graduates to career resources, campus life and traditions.
- Marketing: This position will be responsible for managing social media pages that are owned by the Alumni Association and CSI Foundation, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedln. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for public reporting such as an annual report.
- Other duties as assigned by the CSI Foundation Executive Director.
SPECIFIC SKILLS PREFERRED/REQUIRED
- Possess exemplary interpersonal and written communication skills, the ability to work independently, and demonstrate a genuine appreciation for working with diverse audiences.
- Experience maintaining audit compliant financial records and budget management.
- Knowledge of and experience in delivering career services and career programs; event planning and delivery; data management, and software expertise are required.
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Experience engaging audiences on online social media platforms.
EDUCATION/ TRAINING PREFERRED/REQUIRED
Possess a Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of professional experience in fundraising, event planning, public relations, career services, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS
This position requires overnight travel beyond the Magic Valley as well as the ability to work evenings and week-ends.