Institutional Research Analyst
REPORTS TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS & INSTITUTIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT, SALARIED
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of institutional research analyst. The institutional research analyst will collaborate on the extraction of data and conduct statistical analyses related to a wide-range of data tasks and projects, as well as provide data to institutional leadership and various offices.
- Collects and analyzes data for surveys, including IPEDS, external surveys, and accreditation reports.
- Supports and assists the Registrar’s Office in fulfilling data requests and providing reports related to enrollment and registration.
- Conducts and validates the statistical analyses of data for grant applications and other projects.
- Gathers and analyzes data for peer institutions for comparative and benchmark analyses.
- Keeps pace with current statistical analyses and software applications.
- Prepares reports that include tabular, graphic and statistical content.
- Collects, assembles and performs statistical analyses for data related to student retention and persistence.
- Collaborates closely with the Registrar’s Office, Admission, and Business Office personnel to extract and provide data in a timely fashion.
- Provides support regarding data collection and analysis related to academic assessment and quality improvement initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior vice president for academic affairs & institutional effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred, from a field that incorporates the training, utilization and understanding of qualitative and quantitative methods of data analysis.
- Direct experience in the use and analysis of data for research.
- Experience using current statistical software, such as SPSS or other statistical packages.
- Ability to use SQL to extract data from Jenzabar preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references either (1) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (2) online at www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ or (3) to Institutional Research Analyst Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/. EOE
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.