Kennesaw State University
Development and Fundraising
Job ID: 233218
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for major gift fundraising and support programs thru the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gift prospects for assigned colleges, centers, programs, institutes or special initiatives.
- Maintains continuous contact with key volunteers, prospects, donors and lapsed donors throughout the strategic assignments; communicates regularly in person, email, Skype, Zoom or via phone and mail
- Responsible for the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects for the assigned Colleges, Centers, Programs, Institutes and/or special initiatives
- Focuses on individual, corporate and foundation prospects primarily at the $50,000 level and above
- Coordinates solicitation and communicates frequently with colleagues in the department and across the University community
- Researches industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices
- Implements changes to maintain competitiveness among peers and to meet agreed upon goals and objectives as determined by strategic plan and goals
- Designs solicitation strategies on case-by-case basis, maintaining awareness of development and college office needs and procedures
- Assist Deans, Administration, Foundation, AVP and other Division leadership in the planning and implementation of all fundraising and alumni activities.
- Assists and collaborates with the KSU Alumni Association to offer engagement opportunities with Nest activities and other alumni engagement strategies
Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
Other Required Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia drivers license
Three (3) years of experience in major and/or annual giving or other related fundraising roles
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge of fundraising principles, methods, and standards.
Experience in cultivating and soliciting major gifts of $50,000 and above from individual, foundation and corporate prospects; including campaign experience
Prior experience in a college or university setting preferred, enthusiasm for fundraising in a comprehensive university, and the desire to work collegially within a goal-oriented fundraising organization
Expertise in developing solicitation strategies
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to manage a significant volume of diverse tasks, activities and projects, including both tactical and strategic projects Able to maintain the highest standards of ethics, integrity, respect and humility Able to work strategically, develops and implements constituency programs and activities Able to encourage and motivate assigned volunteers Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledgeable of a donor database, contact management and tracking systems
Strong initiative, and a quick learner with ability to think strategically and analytically and the organizational skills to move from vision to action Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. MicrosoftOffice suite) Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 25% - 49% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education & DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=233218&PostingSeq=1