Campus Tour Coordinator
Kennesaw State University
Admissions and Enrollment
Campus Tour Coordinator
Job ID: 233496
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Manages campus and event tours on Kennesaw and Marietta campuses. Responsible for creating a student focused campus visit experience which highlights the best of Kennesaw State University including academic offerings, campus/student life and physical facilities such as Admissions, Career Services, Housing and Financial Aid.
1. Delivers daily presentations to student groups and prospective families
2. Serves as direct supervisor and hiring manager for tour guides.
3. Schedules campus tours and ensures they are staffed appropriately.
4. Organizes and implements customer service training and personal development components for student tour guides
5. Advises and counsels current and future students by answering questions, providing information on admissions process and tracking and monitoring prospective student's files
6. Performs administrative duties (i.e. monitoring and responding to call tickets and campus visit and group tour emails) and handles walk-ins
7. Arranges group tours and coordinates with Parking, Campus Services, Housing, and other applicable campus partners as required.
8. Schedules weekday and Saturday tours on both campuses
9. Will work weekends and some night events
10. Will support all Open Houses and Undergraduate Admission events
11. Serves as the point of contact for all tour related needs
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
At least one (1) year experience in customer service or related field
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Previous experience in a Higher Education environment
- Supervisory experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Familiar with recruitment-related technology and social media
- Familiar with University databases, software and reporting systems
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to supervise multiple staff members and schedules
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced & DMV
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=233496&PostingSeq=1